Peanut butter prices probably going to rise.....

I recently bought american type peanut butter in jumbo for 31 pesos ans it seems like the smooth kind thats not solid hard like the arab brand they have here.
Have not yet tasted it though. Worse case I use it to cook some chicken with coconut milk, yum!

Corn is arguably the first genetically modified food. And this was done ~8,000 years ago.

And yes, if you would like, you could call the indigenous populations of what is now Mexico "Americans" if it really bothers you.

You are mistaking crossing and selection cultivars with genetically modifying a crop. What Monsanto is doing and is allowed to do is criminal.

AlfajorEfi said:
I recently bought american type peanut butter in jumbo for 31 pesos ans it seems like the smooth kind thats not solid hard like the arab brand they have here.
Have not yet tasted it though. Worse case I use it to cook some chicken with coconut milk, yum!

You should buy some of the local brands they have here like dame mani. Its much cheaper than 31 pesos and is pretty good.

Amargo said:
You are mistaking crossing and selection cultivars with genetically modifying a crop. What Monsanto is doing and is allowed to do is criminal.

In what countries is it "criminal" and why haven't they been prosecuted?

If they are being "allowed" to do it, who gave them permission?

Soy butter is actually not good for you. In the states I buy organic peanut butter with salt, olive oil and peanuts or organic almond butter. Here, I order organic almond butter as well as organic pumpkin butter (salt, nuts, and olive oil).

Back