Problem Renewing Dni

Utopos

Registered
I just renewed my pensionado visa for the 3rd time. Now I'm having difficulty renewing my DNI, which expires at the end of the month.

Last year I simply went to my local registro civil a few days after getting the new visa (as I live in Provincia ,not Capital Federal). I received the new DNI shortly afterward by mail.

Today the same registro civil said they cannot renew it and never could, even though I told them they DID do it last year. I even spoke to the head of the office, telling him the Migraciones website states that I must go to my local registro civil. He says Migraciones needs to give me a form called "renovacion radicacion temporaria".The new visa in my passport, giving me another year here, isn't enough for them.

When I try to make an appointment online none is offered. It tells me I need to go to registro civil, where no appointment is necessary (or possibe).

Anyone have a similar problem or any suggestions. I really don't want to make the long trip to Migraciones to ask for help, but that might be my only alternative.

Gracias

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/indexN.php?dni_extranjeros

You don't have to go to Antartida Argentian in Retiro. Did you try get an appointment at Hipolito Yrigoyen 952?

CENTRO DE DOCUMENTACIÓN RÁPIDA - SEDE HIPÓLITO YRIGOYEN -DIRECCIÓN NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES
Hipólito Yrigoyen 952 – Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires

Para los siguientes trámites deberá solicitar turno por Internet a través de www.migraciones.gov.ar:

- DNI ORIGINAL POR PRIMERA VEZ
- ACTUALIZACIÓN DE 14 AÑOS
- ACTUALIZACIÓN DE 5/8 AÑOS
- NUEVO EJEMPLAR DE DNI POR ROBO, EXTRAVÍO O INUTILIZACIÓN
- NUEVO EJEMPLAR DE DNI POR PRÓRROGA O CAMBIO DE CATEGORIA
- NUEVO EJEMPLAR DE DNI POR CAMBIO DE DOMICILIO
- RECTIFICACIÓN DE DNI
- PRIMER DNI CON CEDULA DE IDENTIDAD DE LA POLICIA FEDERAL
- PRIMER DNI CON SOBRE CONSULAR

I was able to get that page, but only if I lied about where I live. In the online appointment options, anytime I state that I live in (Provincia de) Buenos Aires rather than CABA the script ultimately terminates by telling me to go to Registro Civil.

If I let my DNI expire, then I'll be required to get a "new" one at Migraciones on Yrigoyen... but I should not have to intentionally let it expire to renew.

Don't quote me, but if you want to renew your DNI, I think you might have to use the same address. If you change addresses on the new DNI they'll ask for a certificado de domicilio. That's when the police come by your house at some random order to see if you're really living there. If they don't answer the phone if you call Migraciones, you might have to just go in person. Isn't there anyone else on the forum with a DNI that lives in provincia that might have some advice?

I would try to go on a different day/shift and see if you can't get someone a little more helpful.
Or try going to another registro civil. (The registro assigned to me didn't want to marry me without a document that doesn't exist, but the neighboring registro was kind enough to marry us so they do make exceptions on occasion.)

Of course if that doesn't work, you'll have to go to migraciones.
When I got my permanent residency the DNI came in the mail after my visit to migraciones (I live in provincia too) but the process is probably different from yours since yours is a renewal.

Are you in GBA?

They Mail it, no certificate needed.
If it expires, bye bye permanent residency.

Last year I renewed my DNI after it had expired by booking an appointment. No problems but took a couple of months to arrive. You need to choose Nuevo ejemplar DNI por prorroga..

I was able to get that page, but only if I lied about where I live. In the online appointment options, anytime I state that I live in (Provincia de) Buenos Aires rather than CABA the script ultimately terminates by telling me to go to Registro Civil.

If I let my DNI expire, then I'll be required to get a "new" one at Migraciones on Yrigoyen... but I should not have to intentionally let it expire to renew.

Did you manage to renew your DNI ? Where ?

I have the same problem because I live in GBA and there are no turnos anywhere near me. I've already been turned away. I spoke to them today (again) without getting a solution. The nearest Registro Civil with a turno appears to be in Balcarce near Mar del Plata which is quite a long way to go.
The office at Hipolito Yrigoyen won't deal with my application because I don't live in Cap. Fed., and I've also been to the office in 25 de Mayo, just because I had to get one for my son there, and I managed to get a turno there by putting a zero infront of my DNI number. I thought I'd try anyway since I had nothing to lose. They just refused and said that I should go to my nearest Registro Civil because they don't process foreigners DNIs. My current DNI will expire on 30 June and then I'll have to pay a fine, whatever that is. Quite a lot of people standing around chatting at 25 de Mayo with nothing to do I noticed.

So I'm stuck, unless anyone has another suggestion. I don't want to get to the situation where I need to leave the country temporarily but my DNI has expired.

I had some bizarre experiences renewing my DNI in Olivos (Vicente Lopez) GBA.
Suffice to say that I only became privy to a secret DNI portal when it was pointed out to me, stuck on a wall near the imaginatively named 'customer service desk', in the form of a grubby A4 piece of paper.
The bottom line is that, in spite of what others may say, you won't get to see anyone at all unless you get an online appointment, if not they'll look at you as if you were a zombie, which they do anyway, but that'#s beside the point.
This is where I went and it worked, when they weren't on strike or the systems were down IE, their collective Pentium II's.
http://www.gob.gba.gov.ar/intranet/sist/turnoscdr/Controles/turno_paso1_form.php
I opted for 'Give me the new card version please!'

Back