Problem with dry cleaner - suggestions?

I used to use the " neighborhood " tintoreria until they ruined about $ 1000 usd worth of shirts in one trip, and the owner had the nerve to blame his employee and said she was new and would have to pay me for the ruined shirts out of her salary. Obviously I didn't pursue the issue and just bought new shirts.

I now use 5asec. I can't say they are the best, but at least the franchise I go to is consistent. And they have a large corporation behind them that you can complain to and not some Argie who might or might not be honest.

As many things in Argentina, you have to know your neighborhood tintoreria. Our local "japones" hasn't let our family down in the more than fifty years we've been using his services.

I've heard many horror stories of 5 a Sec, and had three bad experiences in a row myself, at two different branches. Once I took the same skirt with the same stain to be cleaned three times. They were not able to remove it, but the last time they left a large discolored spot on top of the stain. I complained, was given the runaround, and got nowhere.

Argentines may or may not be honest, but IMHO corporations are ALWAYS dishonest. However, they have the advantage of being predictable.:D

Back