Proper Internet Access--Does It Exist?

Argentina really is the 3rd world in internet terms. I know there are worse out there but the world has moved on ridiculously fast, in terms of internet speeds, in the last 5 years whilst Argentina hasn't improved much at all.

You would think a reasonably highly educated country trying to encourage local industry would invest in local technology and infrastructure but unfortunately this government seem to want to tax all technology and prevent Argentina from really capitalising on its potential.

To the people saying "i've got 6megs and its fine... why do you want more?" are you still using old ibm's with 640kb of ram? Why would you need more? :blink:

Technology moves on.

[font=Arial']Ok you didn’t understand my point, I was telling you that it doesn’t matter so much the speed in the connections now a day unless you have a really crap connection speed below 6 mb, if it is ok to do full hd without load time then is good enough for 90% of the people, if you need more you get the evolution or the 50 mb speedy connection and you pay more, the price of the connection is 350 $ the blue dollar is 6.5 so the price in dollars of the 30 mb connection is 53 usd not 100 usd almost the same price is the 50 mb connection, is cheaper than in lot of places in Europe not sure about America as I haven’t live permanently there, in any case the real important factor in the connection are stability + ping + reliability + speed (until the top of what you need, I would never sacrifice the other factor for more than 6 mb now a day in the future probably I will need more, but now a day that is the speed that allow me to watch full hd streaming without waiting and do any other thing i need). [/font]
[font=Arial']In ireland my connection was 50 mb for 65 euros per month (around 90 usd) and it was all the time failing or going offline, and my overall web browsing experience was really bad, the only think that was working at the speed they sell was downloading from torrent. I play in EEUU servers and was not good to play, here i play without problem in this same servers.[/font]
[font=Arial']A Improve in the speed would be great as long as I don’t sacrifice in the other factors in the process, in any case the 30 mb connection is great right now as it don’t have almost users so is under used now, when more people start comsuming it and time pase the price in dollars will fall down through promotions or through devaluation.[/font]
[font=Arial']In any case what I really care about is an stable ping and reliable connection with enough speed to do whatever I want in the moment, if I get more speed for free I will welcome it. [/font]

[font=Arial']I agree that the connections don’t update as fast as in America and ‘’some’’ parts of Europe and it would be good that they finish the Mercosur Fiber Optic Broadband Interconnection and extend it to all South America soon as that would change for good the regional connection and improve the connection and pìng to the rest of the world as well. And even more important improve the service in some areas that had been forgoten in Argentina.[/font]

We have Arnet and it has been pretty flaky the past couple of days. It's usually up, but will disconnect for a few minutes every so often. Speeds aren't great or reliable... I often have to pause Youtube videos just to be able to view them. :p

We have Arnet and it has been pretty flaky the past couple of days. It's usually up, but will disconnect for a few minutes every so often. Speeds aren't great or reliable... I often have to pause Youtube videos just to be able to view them. :p

Arnet suck normally

I had a 12 month promotion that has expired and now I'm paying $330 a month with cablevision/fibertel package for internet (3 meg)/tv.. Has anyone tried gigared? They are offering internet (4meg)/tv for $260. What is the best package/option and company for a bundle? all I need is tv+internet (at least 3 meg), thanks.

best is Telecentro, for the less price, but service vice I prefer Cablevision/fibertel

Back