Quality Of Life In Usa Vs. Argentina

Why do right-wing zealots prefer to avoid confronting the truth? It is sadly amusing, though, that they can't distinguish between reporting and satire.

Well, at least you've got bold leadership to fall back on: http://tinyurl.com/otzwlyy

When a "satirist" switches back and forth between using real quotes in one piece and fictitious quotes in another without making a distinction between the two he is being disingenuous and he is he one who is relying on those who agree with him to fail to distinguish between reporting and satire. Just as you did when you posted the link and just as Tim Elkins did...as noted in the last sentence of my post...which you purposely omitted.

I acknowledge I am cluelessly incapable of distinguishing between reporting and satire.

If I restricted myself to quoting everything worthwhile you wrote, your statements would be blank. On the other hand, your capacity for unwitting self-satire appears to be almost unlimited.

Meanwhile, I notice that you decline to comment on your favorite Confederate apologist. How many flags have you sold on Mercado Libre?

What I dislike is the preach that the US is the best democracy in the world when you have serious issues there that were already solved in almost any other civilized country like health, due process, the prohibition of torture, the regulation of weapons, the illegality of brives to politicians (I refer to lobby) among others.
How are any of these SOLVED in Argentina. Or other democracies. The US is a work in progress. But if you think Argentina is a model Democracy with a model history you are out of your fucking mind.

The unfortunate thing is that there are too many people here who don't pay attention to the laws and when justice is attempted by people on the low end of the economic scale it really affects things. Take my sister-in-law who got fired the day after announcing she was pregnant and after two years working in the white, although not 100% legally on the part of the employer because she was being paid for one job but covering three different jobs because her employer worked her to the bones and she needed the work. He offered her 1000 pesos and she told him to shove it. She sued and more than two years later still is awaiting justice. Of course her ex-employer is a lawyer who owned the restaurant where she was the chef, the food purchaser and the dishwasher all rolled into one, and has a lot of connections.

But that's OK because she's only a Paraguayan (with residency, I might add, for years, trying to comply with Argentina's laws and customs).

And as Thorsten said, companies here can't legitimately reduce their size when profits are down to try to protect the business itself, which protects other employees who they could still keep on - without facing up to criminal charges for not being patriotic. Not to mention people who go to get a job and after three months screw around hoping to get fired so they can either get a whole month's salary free, or try to blackmail their employer with suing them so they get a good offer from their employer.

But that's OK because so many people accept their "quality of life" here and say the only thing they say they need is the love of their family - while it's really the only thing many of them have hope of.

Again, you move in circles much higher than most of the people I know here, and the people I know who move in higher circles here are pretty much clueless as well as to how a lot of people here live under the "equality" the Kirchners bring to the populace.

So, while I agree, as a citizen of the US, that the US lacks a lot of things, I find it a bit irritating to see someone from here who thinks their country is perfect and won't admit to any defects of any importance whatsoever while huge numbers here suffer and can only find solace in the love of their families.
Yes in Cero's Prefect Democracy you can have your bank account frozen and turned into pesos in the blink of eye. You can be questioned for spending too much on groceries and be denied travel because you can't get a currency that travels with you.

I mostly complain about Argentina, because there is huge potential but little will to make something out of it. In USA and Europe most of services work and you can buy everything. But first are expensive and second "force" you too buy too much. In USA depends also on luck, how much you will spend for medical care, here major issues are solved a bit easier.

The problem of this debate is, that is so subjective, that there is no way we can make any point. I earn here more and easier than was possible in Europe, but if I decide for children, car and house is way better to move back, since half of salary will get me more there than here whole. Someone with steady dollars but weak health would probably prefer Argentina...

So what is the point of this post?

I mostly complain about Argentina, because there is huge potential but little will to make something out of it. In USA and Europe most of services work and you can buy everything. But first are expensive and second "force" you too buy too much. In USA depends also on luck, how much you will spend for medical care, here major issues are solved a bit easier.

The problem of this debate is, that is so subjective, that there is no way we can make any point. I earn here more and easier than was possible in Europe, but if I decide for children, car and house is way better to move back, since half of salary will get me more there than here whole. Someone with steady dollars but weak health would probably prefer Argentina...

So what is the point of this post?
Most posts here have no point.

I particularly enjoyed the story about the Bermuda shorts on the golf course and it reminded me of my father, an officer in the Royal Navy with no airs and graces fortunately.
Whilst on a sailing holiday years ago, we all bundled into local pub for some much needed refreshment, dressed in our foul weather gear. The pub had undergone a facelift to bring it more upmarket and some poncy waiter came over and said to my Dad "I'm sorry sir but you can't stay here dressed like that"
My Dad thought for a moment and said "Go away", which he did.

I particularly enjoyed the story about the Bermuda shorts on the golf course and it reminded me of my father, an officer in the Royal Navy with no airs and graces fortunately.
Whilst on a sailing holiday years ago, we all bundled into local pub for some much needed refreshment, dressed in our foul weather gear. The pub had undergone a facelift to bring it more upmarket and some poncy waiter came over and said to my Dad "I'm sorry sir but you can't stay here dressed like that"
My Dad thought for a moment and said "Go away", which he did.

GringoDad sounds like my kind of guy!

As he said previously CAMBERIU does NOT live in Argentina.He is Brazilian but lives in the U.S. and only visits here on business.In my view this really does not give him the necessary "derecho de piso" to be as critical of Argentina as he is but,maybe that's just me.I'm from the Great Satan but have been here for 39 years and it irks me as well.

As he said previously CAMBERIU does NOT live in Argentina.He is Brazilian but lives in the U.S. and only visits here on business.In my view this really does not give him the necessary "derecho de piso" to be as critical of Argentina as he is but,maybe that's just me.I'm from the Great Satan but have been here for 39 years and it irks me as well.

Reciprocally, then, Argentines should refrain from criticizing the U.S....

Back