Question about DNI

retiredbanker

Registered
I received a Certificado Residencia Precaria in September and was told a DNI card would be mailed. It's been 3 months. Does it take that long? Replies are appreciated.

Yes, it does take that long. If they tried to deliver it two times unsuccessfully, they will send it to the Jujuy office and you have to go there to pick it up. For my last DNI, I went to the Jujuy address after three months and they told me that I had to redo my fingerprints. So it took a total of around five months to receive the DNI.

I heard not to long ago that card pressing was backed up and that was the reason the delay with my DNI.

Welcome to bureaucratic hell and incompetency - be patient and try stay happy through the process.

last year mine was delayed a couple months after it was promised, and when i inquired it turned out there was a problem with the picture i took. it came within a few weeks the second time.

I received my first residencia precaria in Sept, 2018, paid $6,000 pesos and another $300 pesos for the DNI. As I've been living in argentina and legal since 2012, I brought all the papers required to Migrations. Today I received an email saying I needed the FBI background check. From the info on this site, I'm confused. Is it necessary for someone who's lived here for 7 years?

I'm surprised that they gave you a precaria without an FBI check. Was there a conversation about that when you presented your other paperwork? You are lucky that they sent you an email. The process for getting the FBI report is relatively easy.

On this site under Immigration for Dummies appeared a section stating if you lived here 5 years that only a penales antecedentes was needed.

Back