Question About Migraciones And New Dni

enriquetta

Registered
Guys, sorry, stupid question about migraciones but not always things make sense in this country. Sooo i lived in Buenos Aires in 2010, I am from Brazil and I got a DNI for 2 years, that expired in may of 2012. Now I am here again, to stay, and i need a new DNI. I think to book my turn in migraciones i should jus be "cambio de categoria" of DNI, because I have one for 2 years (expired more then a year ago, but i have it with me so i can take it and show them) and now I want one for longer, and I know Im entitled for it. But maybe my old 2 year DNI I got with student visa doesent count and I should just book for first time DNI? i tried calling migraciones for two days but no luck, its all recordings and when I stay in line to try to talk to someone i wait so long the call ends before i can talk to anyone!

My flatmates are saying here they can easily say I booked the wrong tramite and tell me to book again and I really dont want to loose time! If anyone has any idea, please let me know! Thanks in advance!

Guys, sorry, stupid question about migraciones but not always things make sense in this country. Sooo i lived in Buenos Aires in 2010, I am from Brazil and I got a DNI for 2 years, that expired in may of 2012. Now I am here again, to stay, and i need a new DNI. I think to book my turn in migraciones i should jus be "cambio de categoria" of DNI, because I have one for 2 years (expired more then a year ago, but i have it with me so i can take it and show them) and now I want one for longer, and I know Im entitled for it. But maybe my old 2 year DNI I got with student visa doesent count and I should just book for first time DNI? i tried calling migraciones for two days but no luck, its all recordings and when I stay in line to try to talk to someone i wait so long the call ends before i can talk to anyone!

My flatmates are saying here they can easily say I booked the wrong tramite and tell me to book again and I really dont want to loose time! If anyone has any idea, please let me know! Thanks in advance!
I think you will be better off going to the office where you get the new DNI and ask. It is usually almost empty. I don´t think your expired DNI will count for anything to be honest but it is best to go and ask.

Back