Question about rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastlucy

Registered
Ok so I just moved today to buenos aires and I was jazzed about the sweet apartment that i though ihad found, but was very disappointed when i arrived, I am just wondering how every one else found their flat/apartment and how much they are paying. I only signed a one month lease... which i hope to find a way out of! I pay $700 now, but I am not very satisfied with my place. Any advice or tips would be great, I plan on looking for a new place ASAP.

I found my apartment through a friend in the U.S. she new the owner.

My friend (who is also american- which means you will get your deposit back) has a really sweet apartment in Barrio Norte / Recoleta that I stay at when I am in BsAs.

It looks rented until mid-August, but that might fit into your time frame since you are stuck in that apartment for a month. Check it out at: Buenos Aires Apartments

Hello Lastlucy--I am in the SAME situation! I thought I had a great apartment that I got through a short term rental agent (who knew my spanish teacher in the states). I paid $450 and am looking to get out of it as well. What neighborhood were you looking in? Would you be interested in meeting? I am a 26 year old female from Chicago :) Thanks!

Are you saying that 1,000 is a lot? I've always paid a full month of rent as a security deposit.

citygirl said:
Are you saying that 1,000 is a lot? I've always paid a full month of rent as a security deposit.

It just said u$s1000, it didn't state for what time period, so I just assumed it was for any rental period, a few nights to a month???

As far as I'm aware the agency that I rent my apartment with just charge u$s300 whatever the length of stay. They also only take a 20% reservation deposit, and the apartmentinba site state it takes a u$s1000 deposit. I just thought this was well above the industry standard ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back