Question About Zona Oeste

BankNote - Its a new female friend. Things are still being sorted but overall, this is the issue. She wants me to be a ""gentleman"" and show that I care for her by financing her taxis ( I dont have a car) and if I ask her to use public transport ( it shows, I dont care).

This is the 21st century. How old is this woman? I think she is taking you for a ride.

What could be a good amount to offer a Remis driver per month for say 10 to-fro trips a month?

Go to a remis service in your neighborhood and ask what is the going rate o/w to ___________ (exact address and barrio) and times of the day.
With that data in hand ask them for a discount on 10 guaranteed r/t rides per month. Hear them out and make a counter offer. What do you have to lose?

cos basis her figure it could be ( 10 to-fro trips) close to 23,000 $ ...and i think its just too much to waste on a damn taxi considering the issues with the world poverty.
Considering the issues with world poverty, etc., etc..sounds nice but.....what is she going to hit you up with next?

I dont mind at all, Nikad. You are a highly respected information provider here.

She gave me a big lecture of how its a tradition in Buenos Aires for men to drop the girls home/ arrange a taxi for her to take her home.

I told her the same.. "Damn it..take a bus" and she was "I can ..but it shows you dont care for me".

so in a way you are right...sounds like a exploitation.

I am v well to do and i can afford it but I rather not..cosidering the world poverty and my pledge to help as many people on the planet I can. So much waste of money in taxi..sounds disgusting to me.
Paying for her cab the first or second time that you meet up is one thing and sounds fine and a " gentleman " to me. Paying every other day for these rides sounds abusive. And I love gentlemen that hold the door open for you, pay for dinner while you are dating, etc but this is something I have never heard of. I have no idea if this is a serious relationship, the age difference of you both ( some girls want a sugar daddy ), how many times you have seen each other, etc. Usually when one of the two lives far always and the relationship is growing, sometimes one of them would sleep over and then leave in the morning, etc. I don't have anything else to say really, it is impossible without a lot of information, but at first glance it sounds abusive.

BankNote - Its a new female friend. Things are still being sorted but overall, this is the issue. She wants me to be a ""gentleman"" and show that I care for her by financing her taxis ( I dont have a car) and if I ask her to use public transport ( it shows, I dont care).

This is the 21st century. How old is this woman? I think she is taking you for a ride.

What could be a good amount to offer a Remis driver per month for say 10 to-fro trips a month?

Go to a remis service in your neighborhood and ask what is the going rate o/w to ___________ (exact address and barrio) and times of the day.
With that data in hand ask them for a discount on 10 guaranteed r/t rides per month. Hear them out and make a counter offer. What do you have to lose?

cos basis her figure it could be ( 10 to-fro trips) close to 23,000 $ ...and i think its just too much to waste on a damn taxi considering the issues with the world poverty.
Considering the issues with world poverty, etc., etc..sounds nice but.....what is she going to hit you up with next?

ha ha ! well said. she is 30 years old...not exactly a spring chicken

Paying for her cab the first or second time that you meet up is one thing and sounds fine and a " gentleman " to me. Paying every other day for these rides sounds abusive. And I love gentlemen that hold the door open for you, pay for dinner while you are dating, etc but this is something I have never heard of. I have no idea if this is a serious relationship, the age difference of you both ( some girls want a sugar daddy ), how many times you have seen each other, etc. Usually when one of the two lives far always and the relationship is growing, sometimes one of them would sleep over and then leave in the morning, etc. I don't have anything else to say really, it is impossible without a lot of information, but at first glance it sounds abusive.

I think you are right...It sounds abusive..Age difference is 12 years..she is 30 - I am 42.

I think you are right...It sounds abusive..Age difference is 12 years..she is 30 - I am 42.
Distance has nothing to do with your relationship, I started a relationship from a distance ( 10000 miles ) and it was never a problem. If she is in love with you and has a genuine interest she will understand and work with you to try to find a solution.

I dont mind at all, Nikad. You are a highly respected information provider here.

She gave me a big lecture of how its a tradition in Buenos Aires for men to drop the girls home/ arrange a taxi for her to take her home.

I told her the same.. "Damn it..take a bus" and she was "I can ..but it shows you dont care for me".

so in a way you are right...sounds like a exploitation.

I am v well to do and i can afford it but I rather not..cosidering the world poverty and my pledge to help as many people on the planet I can. So much waste of money in taxi..sounds disgusting to me.
Bringing into this love story gone sour your "pledge to help as many people on this planet as {you} can" sounds as absurd as your inability to find a solution without going public. Perhaps you should write to the Argie version of Dear Abby. Is this what this forum has come to ? This kind of nonsense?

Threads on this forum run the gamut of topics of interest to expats.....and then some.
Why is Bank-Note's thread any less relevant than a post about where to buy kale or peanut butter in CABA?

[background=transparent]With all due respect, .... Posts of Kale, peanut butter, bidet, penguin, maple syrup, Fougazetta, ... were some of the funniest in the good old days.[/background]​

[background=transparent]Nickeling and diming and haggling a lady over expenses and market rates in public (and in her absence) is neither funny nor a kind class act. [/background]
[background=transparent][background=transparent]Especially after claiming the "v well to do" status. (It becomes kind of ...... cheapishly mean spirited)[/background][/background]

[background=transparent]Who knows what her story is? Kids? Family? ... etc ... etc[/background]

Back