Questions about rental requirements for foreigners

We don't have a garantía in BsAs, but do we need one
Depends on a landlor, if he is nice- no. Salary receipt can work as garantie.

could pay a year's rent or two. Would this be allowed?

Yes. But I do not recomend this. The worst (and most likely) scenario your landlord will have no motivation to be nice to you- he got all the money, come on, he will try to make your life there impossible right after, to get some other gringo paying for years upfront.
If you change your mind about this place and would move out earlier -you most likely will not be refunded, at least not voluntarily for sure.

Hi!

I live in Belgrano- I am from the USA and am a permanent resident in Argentina. My husband is Argentine. We are looking to move to a larger apartment in the same neighborhood. What are the actual rules for rental requirements? We don't have a garantía in BsAs, but do we need one if we can pay in dollars or an entire year upfront? My husband has an income in Argentina en blanco, I have no income but some savings and could pay a year's rent or two. Would this be allowed?

Basically I want to rent, in dollars or pesos, without having to find a garantía (OR I'd find one if it's easy and cheap) and I don't want to be scammed- is this a possibility?

Thanks!!
Amy

I have a daughter and I gotta ask because of your handle...were you a former cheerleader? I got that phrase burnt into my mind after sitting for countless practices...I had a milk nostril snort when saw your handle

Back