Quick questions about expat life in BA

Someone mentioned living here on $700 a month. For a life....double that.
It might have been one of my posts, but I am reasonably certain that I would have also made the point that I own my house and do not pay rent.

At this time all of my "basic/fixed costs" (utilities, auto and home insurance, wi-fi, Netflix, celular service, property and municipal taxes), drinking water, household supplies (soap, shampoo, cleaning supplies, paper products), nafta for the car, and car repairs average less than $300 per month.

That leaves $400 per month for food and other items (power tools, guitars, etc., as well as items one might consider appropriate for "prepping" and life in el campo.

I could actually "live" on about $400 per month if I only paid for food and the basics.

I spend about 75% less for coffee, eggs, and beef than I would if I was living in the USA.

PS: I do not pay income tax in Argentina or the USA and I do not pay the bienes personales in Argentina...

...and I do not eat in restaurants or travel.

If you want to live in Palermo in a one-bedroom apartment and be able to go out and enjoy the city you would need about 1.400 USD and above if you want luxury. That being said with 1.500 USD one can live quite well.
P.S. This is precio "turista" those with residence and longer rent contract can get by with less.

Back