races/ running

nikkia

Registered
Was just wondering where I find out about any races ( ideally 10km) in BA. Also, is there any running groups in the San Isidro / Olivos areas?

Cheers!

There is a 10k Nike run every year but I think that will be in the spring

You can also check out facebook, but Argentines don't seem to be that active with that

Sorry that I was trying to help, the next time I leave it to the great Liam

BlahBlahBlah -- go down to the Rosedal any day of the week after work and your mind will be changed -- BA is full of runners, and there's different competitive running groups that take over Plaza Hollanda and the Bosques every night and on the weekends. In the summer especially the park is packed.

BA is also full of tennis and soccer players but try to find somebody to play with. It's not easy. It might be easier if you are a runner but I doubt it's easy

BlahBlah said:
BA is also full of tennis and soccer players but try to find somebody to play with. It's not easy. It might be easier if you are a runner but I doubt it's easy

Really? You sure it's not just you?

I don't know anyone that's had problems if they've really wanted to play. Every futbol / tennis centre has leagues and there's always people looking for people to play in 5 on 5 tournaments at the small canchas. Ciudad Universitaria runs tournaments every semester on regulation sized canchas. The Y runs tennis leagues, and I'm sure futbol leagues as well. If you're not playing it's for a lack of trying, not for a lack of opportunity.

syngirl said:
Really? You sure it's not just you?

I don't know anyone that's had problems if they've really wanted to play. Every futbol / tennis centre has leagues and there's always people looking for people to play in 5 on 5 tournaments at the small canchas. Ciudad Universitaria runs tournaments every semester on regulation sized canchas. The Y runs tennis leagues, and I'm sure futbol leagues as well. If you're not playing it's for a lack of trying, not for a lack of opportunity.

Thanks for clearing that one up

Back