Railway System Neglected In Argentina

Uniting force of India, yeah, but the filth encountred all over India around the rail and people riding to the brim, atop the roofs of commuting hours are awesome to watch! But hopefully very soon, the consortium of Europe train manufacturers and or the divine train of Japan are to take on the Indian mass transportation railing transformation and bring India to 21st century!
https://www.google.c...a&sa=1&tbm=isch
https://www.google.c...iw=1149&bih=627

In India the trains do get overcrowded during festive seasons. Or in remote areas where 1 or 2 train in a day are the only means of transport. However this is not the normal scenario.....in fact far from that

...... but by looking at the thousands of towns decimated by the destruction of the rail system and ..........

Has it realy happened in Argentina? Towns being deserted because railway connectivity was lost?

Argentina would do very well to have a state subsidized national rail system like AMTRAK - I'd say that in this case the US model is not bad.

You mean, other that the 600 million dollar loss that Amtrak racks up every year, right?

The trains I've ridden best to worst: Germany, Japan, Italy (no, just kidding), France, Canada, USA, ... a bunch of countries I haven't visited ..., now Italy, and finally Argentina.

Amtrak? What a joke. Just because it sucks less doesn't make it a good model for anything.

Did you read my post? How many Amtrak trains have you actually ridden? acela Express from Washington to New york and Boston compares favorably with Europe. Expensive though. First class prices are wildly expensive. The transcontinental trains are very comfortable. I had a room last year with a tolet and shower.

Did you read my post? How many Amtrak trains have you actually ridden? acela Express from Washington to New york and Boston compares favourably with Europe. Expensive though. First class prices are wildly expensive. The transcontinental trains are very comfortable. I had a room last year with a tolet and shower.

Sergio, with all respect, your comment has nothing to do with reality. BOS to NY on the ACELA takes 3:45, just about as long as it takes to drive there and the service is decent but nothing to scream about. In comparison, the TGV from Paris to Marseilles (a 6 hr drive) makes it there in 2:45 and with much better amenities, and at a much lower price. This is in spite of the fact that France is not nearly as rich in terms of GDP as the US. When I used to travel BOS-NY before the Acela was introduced it used to take 4 hours. 20 years later, they've shaved 15 minutes off the travel time and tripled the price to where its sometimes cheaper to fly.

I understand you may have enjoyed your trip in Amtrak's 1st class sleeper cars, but I think the conversation here has more to do with developing a mass transit system for everyone, not just the well to do.

I understand you may have enjoyed your trip in Amtrak's 1st class sleeper cars, but I think the conversation here has more to do with developing a mass transit system for everyone, not just the well to do.

I was in USA for sometime.
I felt Amtrak was not a mass mode of transport but more of a touristy thing if you have sufficient money and time in hand.......there was not much difference between flight and Amtrak if you considered the time factor

Back