Re: British Passport Renewal ?

My daughter's UK passport took five months to come back from Washington. It was impossible to get hold of anyone - although they did helpfully provide a premium rate phone number where you could wait on hold and listen to a recording dispense useless information. Eventually we were helpfully told that there were "delays".

My passport needs to be renewed this year, crossing fingers they've sorted out whatever was causing the epic delays...

Don't worry JP - just use the guide that is linked to above - this time its straight to the UK and then back again - the US doesn't come into the equation this time... I'm still waiting for the embassy here to reply to my email though just in case instead of doing it this way I have the option of doing it ''over the counter'' - which would be good - lets see...

Don't worry JP - just use the guide that is linked to above - this time its straight to the UK and then back again - the US doesn't come into the equation this time... I'm still waiting for the embassy here to reply to my email though just in case instead of doing it this way I have the option of doing it ''over the counter'' - which would be good - lets see...

Hey, Juanito-san, What's up with that triple triangle avatar of yours? I liked the Samurai attired J-san or simply the Toshiro Mifune's 7 Samurai or the Read beard one! What prompted you to change to...

Application has to go to England -- part of Cameron & Co's austerity and cost-cutting measures. This only came into play from about August of last year (2013). And the price for renewing one's passport is way too high. Is this what we fought WW2 for?

Bigbadwolf - you cant be that old surely? I mean if you fought in the war you must be older than my dad........

I agree with bigbadwolf - 150 quid is insane - but what choice do we have? I don't really want to let my passport expire so I am going to have to pay it... Hybrid Ambassador? Its a religious symbol - you would call it the Nordic/British/Germanic equivalent of a Shinto symbol I believe - 1400 years ago or more (depending on the part of England or Europe you lived in) we were going through a lot of changes - in some ways a bit like the koto/shinto change of Sekigahara but as well as military it was religious - the new religion of ''peace'' was taking over with fire and sword :) lol In terms of ''England" (which actually didn't exist at that time - it was 7 different Saxon kingdoms that all followed the ancestral religion - but the xtians with their crusades against us - well, the last to hold out to the very end was King AEthelfrith of the Odinist kingdom of Northumbria - the kingdoms or Sussex (SouthSeax) if you will had already fallen and so did the others - the Battle of Chester was the death knell if you will... The symbol you see is known variously as the ''knot of the slain'', the Valknot and I think there is a more Nordic name like ''Hrungnir's Heart'' - it is the symbol of the warrior - it is the symbol those whose lives were dedicated and given to Odin (Woden) the AllFather - who like Tyr is very much seen as a God of war (but of course many other things too lol). Oops - just hijacked the thread totally to explain all of that - sorry guys :) lol

On a side note - even though they are about 1000 years apart - I just thought of this (and yes, I know, I am totally off topic lol) the parallel between Sekigahara in Japan and the Battle of Chester in England - its really quite striking... Both represented massive/radical changes in power and who was to hold that power...

That is true - and I for one *can't* afford to live there even if I wanted to now :) lol

Back