re-post argentina v chile...play nice please

"nikad" said:
If Argentina was able to do what Chile did in economical terms <snip>
Is Chile really better off in economic terms? The CIA Factbook (admittedly not the best resource for reliable statistics) puts Argentina ahead of Chile in per capita GDP terms. Chile, Argentina, and Uruguay are probably all running neck-and-neck, with countries like Peru, Paraguay, and Bolivia far behind. It's an interesting question as to why South American countries with more Europeans always trump the economic performance of South American countries with fewer Europeans.

Chile's economic success really started when the then dictator Pinochet followed Margaret Thatcher lead and nationalised everything in sight, the then subsequent, left of centre coalition governments left all untouched. But the real boom came from the Chinese unquenchable thirst for copper, thus driving the commodity's price to record levels, thus leaving Chile, the world's largest copper producer in a win, win situation.
Pedro

I'm english, my girlfriend is chilean...a good couple for argentina, eh? In over 2 years of living here and having travelled all over the country, we've only encountered one Argentine with your (Tanghetto) attitude and views, and he was an unreconstructed fascist.
real ba you are very funny man . As if you are not well known in blogging world Hey che. I spoke to some friends here and they told me that blog was just famous for putting down argentine people . I remember also the comments you have said about argentine people the initials were s a ........s .
You take the benefits of argentine society then throw rubbish in our faces

"tanghetto" said:
I'm english, my girlfriend is chilean...a good couple for argentina, eh? In over 2 years of living here and having travelled all over the country, we've only encountered one Argentine with your (Tanghetto) attitude and views, and he was an unreconstructed fascist.
real ba you are very funny man . As if you are not well known in blogging world Hey che. I spoke to some friends here and they told me that blog was just famous for putting down argentine people . I remember also the comments you have said about argentine people the initials were s a ........s .
You take the benefits of argentine society then throw rubbish in our faces
?

Very good post realba on Argentina and Chile.....
regarding what tangetto says, well as some of you know am argentinian & work in exports and in the Business circles actually we are happy with the chileans.... :)
They are serious reliable, have a steady demand for goods and services...etc.. they´re good business partners. What they do with their cars, their earning in their holidays and such is not of concern to me or the people I work with.

the argentines posting here (except tanghetto) confirm the experiences and impressions of myself and my girlfriend...of course there are rivalries between chile and argentina much like there are rivalries between england and france but at the end of the day it's usually all talk. the english love to put down the french, make fun of them and say how much we can't stand them but that doesn't stop us holidaying in france, falling in love with paris, enjoying french film, french wine, french food, french culture...during the days of 1-1, argentines flocked to chile-vina del mar particularly. now that the chilean peso is so much stronger than the argentine peso the opposite happens; chileans flock to argentina-particularly mendoza. This, naturally, caused and causes a bit of resentment but at the end of the day the locals recognize (d) that the upside (huge inflows of tourist money) is far better than the alternative (no inflows of tourist money). I know quite a few argentines involved in tourism in mendoza and they are quite happy to see the 1000s of chileans crossing the border to spend the weekend spending money.what sometimes happens in mendoza is that the mendocinos sometimes misinterpret the manner in which the chilean visitors speak. chilean spanish is much more direct and chileans tend not to stand on ceremony. this isn't necessarily rude *but* it can sometimes come across as such and make chileans appear very demanding...even when they're not being so deliberately. this is part of the reason why i disliked chile so much when i first went there-i prefer (as mentioned in my original post) the argentine way of speaking as it's less direct and more courteous. but once i realised that the chileans weren't being rude to me when they didn't say 'please' or 'good morning' etc i started to look a little more favourably on the country and its people.

I do not beleive that argentine or chilean like each other very much . Chilean come to argentina because its cheaper and like to show off their new found wealth.
If you like to see realba real views a blogger site called chematuco showed his real views on argentine people . People say one thing and think another as proven by the above person

Hehe, you're not the first person to believe me to be the long-defunct chematuco but you're just as incorrect in your supposition as the others. Bet you'd like to know who he really was though, eh? Luckily for him, he's no longer in the country and the lynch mobs can't find him. Argentina ground the poor fellow into the dirt and he just couldn't see the positive side anymore.

"bjrutledge" said:
Chematuco is someone, I assume American, who had a blog for a while. I read his blog a couple of times and found it boring and decided that whoever he was, he was someone I did not particularly want to meet. I think his blog has been taken down.

Apparently tanghetto is convinced that Realba and Chematuco are one and the same, so s/he is determined to attack him for all the Sins Against Argentina Committed by Chematuco.

So s/he is trying to "out" him and refuses to accept the fact that s/he has made a mistake.

Not that Chematauco's hostility could possibly compare to Tanghetto's ...

There should be a kindergarten forum in here, just so we can all play these silly games and when we want to talk be able to do so... (maybe sth like the rants and raves on Craigslist?) at least all the dirt will be in the same bag V

Back