Re: These prices are killing me - 2

Nikad I think the last few posts and your sentiments are completely consistent. When in Rome do as the Romans do right?
Some people live to gripe. And thats everywhere in the world!

"TatanBsAs" said:
GranadaisdefinitelyNOTcool,
"K. is a briliant doctor. Giving fuel away for free and then thinking the problem goes away. Just brilliant". Almost as brillant as staying in a country that you dislike and of which you complain all of the time.
My cousy little hotel in Microcentre has just upped there prices in 5 months for 50% procent. Only morons will think the tourist will keep coming back. It´s funny you critize K for the fuel, but at the same time you complain about your "cousy" (cozy????) hotel for raising the prices. What if there was an increase in demand for hotel rooms, can´t the owner of the hotel increase the price per night? Have you ever been in New York during peak season, they will charge you 300 % more for a cheap hotel room.
Saludos,
They can, but things will never change

"PK" said:
Nikad I think the last few posts and your sentiments are completely consistent. When in Rome do as the Romans do right?
Exactly ;) After over three years, my husband ( american ) still gets surprised with some things and reactions ( both good and bad )

I agree with Nikad's opinions on this subject. I have spent months at a time living and working in different capitals of Latin American countries during the past 15 years. The experiences have been rewarding but not to live there permanently. Least of all invest in a property in any of those cities.
BA is still my first choice....with all its pluses and minuses. I never had to deal with the culture shock or the language problem. But it has been a strain to deal with the unpleasentness of getting things done here. I have to continually remind myself that I am not in California. But if given the choice I would not return to live there unless it was absolutely a must. I agree that probably living in other provinces could be much easier but I would be missing the diversity. In my opinion it doesn't matter who gets elected. The economic situation will worsen again by 2009. Investment in industry is at an all-time low and none forthcoming. The energy crisis is real and there are no measures being taken to make the population comply with conservation. The cost of living will rapidly increase because price freezes cannot be sustained. Tourism will drop because the gov't is not interested in creating an infrastructure to sustain their coming. Some expats will stay because living in their homeland is just as unpalatable. Others will leave because they have found a new "promised land". And on and on.... Most Argentinians seem to be inoculated to these cyclical debacles because they have survived them for the last 50 years.

In my opinion it doesn't matter who gets elected. The economic situation will worsen again by 2009. Investment in industry is at an all-time low and none forthcoming. The energy crisis is real and there are no measures being taken to make the population comply with conservation. The cost of living will rapidly increase because price freezes cannot be sustained. Tourism will drop because the gov't is not interested in creating an infracstructure to sustain their coming. Some expats will stay because living in their homeland is just as unpalatable. Others will leave because they have found a new "promised land". And on and on....
Gracielle, where did you get all this information? Will you please back up what you say with facts and statitics?
Tatan

GranadaisDefinitelyNotCoolorSmartEither
I am still waiting for a response with regards to my post.
There is an argentine expression that says "sos o te haces" look it up and get back to me.

"PK" said:
So if the locals litter the streets or drive like animals are the expats supposed to do the same? What kind of reasoning is that? Excuse me but moving to another country doesn't imply accepting everything that the locals do. Even more so if that country has a backward culture. For instance, if someone's used to civility, why would they want to get used to incivility? Wouldn't that be going backwards?
Saying yes to all the bad does no good. It only perpetuates the bad. Please bear this in mind... It's often the people who "live to gripe" that make a difference. Sycophants may sound pretty but don't contribute to anything.

"TatanBsAs" said:
GranadaisDefinitelyNotCoolorSmartEither
I am still waiting for a response with regards to my post.
There is an argentine expression that says "sos o te haces" look it up and get back to me.
Read above

TatanBsAs....which part of my OPINION do you want clarified?I read newspapers in Spanish as well as other local sources of news. Statistics don't quite tell the story here. Prime example is the manipulation of the Indec. If the economy is going somewhere positive, why change the numbers? Why not tell the people we have 15% inflation when we can add and subtract.

TantanBsAs...I am going off to work. In the meantime, why don't YOU come up with statistics which refute my opinion.

Back