Ready for some (NFL) football

anybody trying to watch the first NFL game on thursday???? well yes keep me informed if anyone is watching football thursday or sunday......

tez said:
There was a bar in Las Cañitas that advertised having NFL games last year, but I can't say the name... End of Ortega & Gasset I want to say... I think I'll probably be going to Sugar since it is close. Colts fan! (pre-Payton, but of course post-Payton, too)

This place was called the Drink Gallery and it closed about a year ago. I went there one day last year to watch the NFL and it was a coffee shop. Anyone know what happened to the Drink Gallery?

argsteve said:
The best thing is to find a person with a sat. dish... with Directv you can get the NFL Sunday Ticket... for 99 pesos a month... so you can get every Sunday game.. but you dont get the monday games or thursday games when they are played just Sunday.....
Unless something has changed recently, this hasn't been true the last few years. Before the NFL season starts, the NFL gives DirecTV permission to air 3 (2?) games in the 1pm and 4pm time slots. So if you're a fan of a West Coast team, you'll be able to see most of your games, as there is are usually only 4 or 5 games at 4pm. If you're a fan of an East Coast team that tends to play at 1pm...you just have to suck it up and watch the games on the internet, not at a bar on DirecTV. Monday night games are almost always on ESPN with Mexican announcers. I usually go to CasaBar. Alamo is the most packed place, but it's more college kids, and I'm in my late 20s. CasaBar is a bit classier and has better beer selection. Not sure how Sugar is for watching the NFL.

evan said:
This place was called the Drink Gallery and it closed about a year ago. I went there one day last year to watch the NFL and it was a coffee shop. Anyone know what happened to the Drink Gallery?

They had a robbery (one of their employees) and they pretty much stole everything under the sun from the bar after closing one night. Plus one of the co-owners moved back home and I think they decided to cut their losses and close it up.

evan said:
Unless something has changed recently, this hasn't been true the last few years. Before the NFL season starts, the NFL gives DirecTV permission to air 3 (2?) games in the 1pm and 4pm time slots. So if you're a fan of a West Coast team, you'll be able to see most of your games, as there is are usually only 4 or 5 games at 4pm. If you're a fan of an East Coast team that tends to play at 1pm...you just have to suck it up and watch the games on the internet, not at a bar on DirecTV. Monday night games are almost always on ESPN with Mexican announcers. I usually go to CasaBar. Alamo is the most packed place, but it's more college kids, and I'm in my late 20s. CasaBar is a bit classier and has better beer selection. Not sure how Sugar is for watching the NFL.

I think ...I got all the games last year..... for Sunday with the Sunday Ticket.... I know what you mean about the limited package that was true 2 or 3 years ago.. but last year I was getting all the sunday games.. or maybe I was just drinking and thought I did!!! well put something together lets meet up for some football at sugar, casabar etc!!!!

Ravens fan will be arriving October 1 so I'll be ready for October 3 games... Let me know where?
Thanks

argsteve said:
I think ...I got all the games last year..... for Sunday with the Sunday Ticket.... I know what you mean about the limited package that was true 2 or 3 years ago.. but last year I was getting all the sunday games.. or maybe I was just drinking and thought I did!!! well put something together lets meet up for some football at sugar, casabar etc!!!!

hrm. maybe Sunday Ticket in Argentina changed last season. I definitely watched less NFL in bars last year, in part because I wanted to watch my Texans so I just stayed at home and watched streaming on the internet.

citygirl said:
They had a robbery (one of their employees) and they pretty much stole everything under the sun from the bar after closing one night. Plus one of the co-owners moved back home and I think they decided to cut their losses and close it up.

yeah, they fired the chef and he came back and took all their flat screens one night. i was there at least once after that, but maybe Moe just decided it wasn't worth it.

sorry for posting 3 times consecutively in this thread, but how is Sugar for NFL games? i tend to see Sugar as a bit more euro-centric than the more US-centric Alamo and CasaBar.

Back