Ready for some (NFL) football

Evan I will PM you this Sunday and tell you what games i am getting.... that is the fun of Argentina you never really know anything..... so I am hoping to get all the games with the Directv
About Sugar and NFL games ....not sure ...going to try tonight and see if they have the saints vikings game but I am not sure if they even will get it??? the food isnt bad now... but they only have 2 screens so on sunday games it will be limited to 2 games that could be rough... well thank goodness NFL is back!!!

The Saints-Viking game was not broadcast locally so the game was streamed - the reception was not good and on the screen closest to me was very bad. The owner, Patrick (a friendly guy trying hard to provide a good environment), conceded that the Alamo had a special feed that allowed for better streaming reception (though nothing would convince me to watch a game there).
The audio was off owing to the bar noise or perhaps there was too much bar noise because the audio was off - in either case a negative for me. The burger (with fries and a pint for 35 pesos) was okay.
I guess the bar crowds for the games here tend to be less focused on the games. Given a choice between my big screen at home for Sunday night and Monday night games I won't be motivated to watch games at Casa Bar - though I'll probably stop by for games streamed on weekend days.

The game at Sugar was fun.. nice crowd,,, the game was also streamed i guess but it was fine on the big screen.. after halftime they turned off the sound and went with the music.. which is ok with me I guess..... it was getting late and not everyone is there for the game..... food was good and 8 peso pints and well drinks from 7-12 and it was girls night they drink "free" or something from 7-12 after paying 20 pesos.....good place when only one game is playing..... but on Sunday with only 2 screens who knows what they will play..... well if anyone ever is getting together for some NFL football watching post a meet up..cheers...

yeah, i definitely think you should only go to bars for Sunday day games. the rest will be streamed over the internet with pretty bad quality, unless it's on cable, in which case you should just have a party and invite your friends. :)

For the people watching it at home 2 questions:

1. Are you doing it with Direct TV? And how did you get the dish installed? Do you rent your apartments. I just figured a landlord would not let you mount a dish on the building?

2. If online, what are the options? Is saw someone mentioned NFL has a paid service, is that what most people stream or are there other websites? A buddy of mine back home mentioned: channlesurfing.net but i have not tried yet.

(**ok maybe there are more than 2 questions in there)

I used the paid service on Thursday and Sunday, and it worked really well. The only downsides are the cost and it's a little antisocial. I miss Sundays watching games in crowded bars and cheering on your team, but beggars can't be choosers! I've had a couple of friends recommend the Alamo. Has anyone been there this season or is anyone interested in going?

NFL.com does let you see the game online ...I have heard it is good... but as annet said somewhat anti-social... sitting watching your computer screen.... but you do get to see the games!!!
the bad news is.. it is 280 dollars for the full package for the season... or 200 for just your team for the year.. or 69 dollars for a month pass.. or 25 dollars for a week....

It's easy to stream these games on your computer, just get a TV you can hook your TV up to and charge admission. You could offer beer to watch and probably make a couple of pesos in the process.

I have a slingbox hooked up in Houston and also have Cablevision HD in my home. The 1st game on the slingbox (Houston cable) was not on cablevision but the games that were broadcast after that were also on HD Cablevision. The slingbox also has the NFL channel with continous coverage of all the games. I know, not as good as having all the games but also alot cheaper.

For streaming the games you can try the free route sources like Justin TV, Channel Surfing and others, but will often be kicked off sometime during the game. You can purchase subscriptions to varying degrees of success and cost depending on what your seeking. ESPN 3, ESPN Gameplan, NFL.Com, CBSSports, etc. are a few of the ones out there.

To watch the streamed game from your laptop you can usually connect a VGA cable if your television is fairly new. This is how many of the bars in Buenos Aires stream games from laptops. The other way is to have a Sling Box set-up in the States which you can access from either your laptop or a Sling Catcher and then either watch on your laptop or television.

The Sling Box reception will be determined by your home up load speed amongst other factors. As far as watching at the bars mentioned here that is a matter of opinion and preference as to where is the best place to watch the games. Ideally Thursday night is not a very good night to watch sports in any bar in Buenos Aires as it is probably the biggest bar night and thus is a trade off for the business as to whom they want to cater to. The exception of course being major sporting championship events.

Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays you should have no problem watching your favorite teams play with the commentary broadcast in English. There are only 2 bars in town that have the capability to air more than 2 NFL games that I know of and with a proven track record. I have my favorite spot and I will keep that to myself since it is only my opinion and I do not want to come across as a schill ( which I see many on this site ) plugging a particular bar. Also I believe that one experience at a particular bar is not worthy of a review and would rather offer a recommendation based on numerous visits before I cast my vote.

Suerte

Back