Real Estate Agencies in BA

AlexfromLA said:
She said just under 50K and that was factoring in closing costs which run between 6-8%. So she paid more like $ 1800 usd a sq meter.

That's a great deal for Palermo Soho. It sounds like she lucked out and had a really motivated seller.

Alex the price per square metre for a used apartment in this neighbourhood is between US $ 1400 a metre to US $ 2000 per metre maximum . We are not talking about the best part of Palermo close to Libertador where the values are 30 % higher or more.

There are many new properties selling for US$ 1850 a metre to US $ 2100 in the same neighbourhood meaning that if you look you will find a good deal.

The problem of the real estate market in Buenos Aires is that values are all over the place with little difference between the very good to the downright ugly .

Most properties are not valued correctly and they do no sell . This does not signify that the owners will drop the prices in most cases the sale is suspended .

My experience is with new properties in new buildings and the going rate for those are $ 2400 - $ 3500 usd depending. At least in the neighborhoods I am familiar with.

Now obviously I haven't seen this apartment or the building so I can't give an estimate, but Palermo Soho 25 sq meters fully renovated bathroom and kitchen for $45,000 usd is a great deal.

pericles said:
Alex the price per square metre for a used apartment in this neighbourhood is between US $ 1400 a metre to US $ 2000 per metre maximum . We are not talking about the best part of Palermo close to Libertador where the values are 30 % higher or more.

Alex I have three new buildings in Palermo Soho and there is no property above US $ 2100 per metre for a 48 metre apartment at US $ 98, 500 . Of course there are special buildings in Palermo Nuevo close to Cervino and Urgateche that will fetch a starting price of US $ 3000 per metre . This is an exception and is not Palermo Soho .

Palermo Soho is maximum US $ 2500 for a new apartment in the best buildings with amenities . Now Palermo Nuevo can be up to US $ 3500 per metre and close to US $ 2500 for a used apartment of category .

Used apartments are from these prices figures 2009 so adjust 10 % up from Reporte Inmobilario 2009

Almagro u$s 900 - u$s 1100
Barracas u$s 900 - u$s 1200
Belgrano C u$s 1200 - u$s1700
Belgrano R u$s 1200 - u$s 1700
Boedo u$s 1000 - u$s 1200
Caballito u$s 1000 - u$s 1400
Chacarita u$s 1040 - u$s 1380
Colegiales u$s 1000 - u$s 1200
Flores u$s 900 - u$s 1100
La Boca u$s 900 - u$s 1300
Núñez u$s 1200 - u$s 1400
Palermo u$s 1100 - u$s 2800
Pqe. Chacabuco u$s 950 - u$s 1100
Puerto Madero u$s 3500 ( new builds)
Recoleta u$s 1800 - u$s 2500
Retiro u$s 1850 - u$s 2970
Saavedra u$s 950 - u$s 1100
San Telmo u$s 900 - u$s 1300
Villa Crespo u$s 1130 - u$s 1470
Villa del Parque u$s 900 - u$s 1100
Villa Devoto u$s 900 - u$s 1250
Villa Urquiza u$s 1100 - u$s 1200

Lol,

I know all this bro. You work with Remax right ? I've worked with them in the past. I had one of my properties listed with them a while back. Their Las Canitas office ( before they moved or closed ;)).

Most apartments on mid level floors in towers in Las Canitas and Palermo Nuevo start at about $ 3000 usd.

I understand Palermo Soho is cheaper ( that's why I bought there as well ) but none of this is relevant, all i'm saying is she got a good deal from what i've heard so far.

AlexfromLA said:
Lol,

I know all this bro. You work with Remax right ? I've worked with them in the past. I had one of my properties listed with them a while back. Their Las Canitas office ( before they moved or closed ;)).

Most apartments on mid level floors in towers in Las Canitas and Palermo Nuevo start at about $ 3000 usd.

I understand Palermo Soho is cheaper ( that's why I bought there as well ) but none of this is relevant, all i'm saying is she got a good deal from what i've heard so far.

Yes we agree that Palermo Nuevo is more dearer :confused:. Las Canitas is in very high demand and fetches about 30 % more than Palermo Viejo ( Soho ) .

The deal could be good but we need to also be aware of the realities that US $ 2000 a metre or close to this for a used apartment is not a fantastic price.

What I believe makes this sound good is the chance to buy a property for US $ 50,000 which is unheard of in European capital cities and most US big cities especially in such an attractive neighbourhood as Palermo Soho .

To clarify, we are paying about US $1600 per square meter. Not a bad deal at all.

The reason the place is quite cheap is likely because it is in the subsuelo of the building. You would expect a subsuelo apartment to be cave-like but fortunately, a lot of light comes in through the patio interno - even on rainy days.

When we first saw the property, we instantly though flooding might be an issue. We talked with a lot of people in the area though and they said we shouldn't have any problems. The tasador and escribano also investigated the matter and said there isn't any evidence of previous flood damage to the building, nor humidity problems. Let's hope they are right!

We just paid about $1900/sq meter pre-closing costs ($2058/sq meter post closing costs) for a new 4th floor studio in Palermo Hollywood. We were very happy with the price and the construction - built out kitchen alcove, real wood floors, gas stove, balcony, granite counters, etc.

I can say one thing after looking around - there is a lot of cheap crap out there. I couldn't believe what I saw and the prices they wanted. The quality of new construction for the most part is pretty horrible. One new $79,000 studio on Oro between Paraguay and Charcas had tiles in the bathroom that were completely out of line. Plus it had horrible fake wood floors.

We actually started to think about buying a cheap new studio and then spending money to tear things out and redo it.

We did see another building on Oro near Paraguay that was nice, but the price was around $3000/sq meter. A friend of mine is building a new building in Palermo Hollywood which is more American-style and will have very high-end finish out. He plans to charge around $3000/sq meter pre-sale.

Back in 2008, I saw an amazing property in a brand new building in Palermo Hollywood. It was 90 sq meters but had a private back yard ( yes a backyard with grass , trees and a parilla ) that was an additional 40-50 sq meters ( can't remember ). It was really beautiful actually and the price was very reasonable since it was the show room and on the ground floor. I had to turn it down though. Especially in Palermo Hollywood, flooding is a big issue. It is even an issue in Las Canitas. Back in 2007 I remember when Las Canitas flooded, all the ground floor buildings and restaurants and stores had about a foot and a half of water in them.

I don't really know if flooding is an issue in Palermo Soho, I haven't experienced any, but I would double and triple check the issue before you sign on the dotted line.

mcaffa said:
When we first saw the property, we instantly though flooding might be an issue.

Sleuth said:
He plans to charge around $3000/sq meter pre-sale.

Pre sale in Palermo Hollywood ? Is this going to be a high rise tower ? If not I think it's very over priced.

That part of Palermo where the OP bought doesn't really have a flooding problem. Not that I've seen anyway, not at all like Las Canitas.

Back