Real Estate Agencies in BA

Dave make some excellent points in regards to purchasing here and I know that he choose well.

In regards to the comments regarding buying I have to say that there is a lot of crap out there and in my daily travels I see maybe one in 15 properties that I like .

Metrage is not the only indicator of price even though here its made top be a huge price factor. Light, quality of construction, views , finishings, building standard and consorcio, block and location is very important and these factors are not valued properly in many cases.

The best quality buildings of Buenos Aires are on Rivadavia, Hipilito Irigoyen, and Alsina with walls of 50 cm of depth and incredible ornate details . There you can still buy a property for US $ 1000 to US $ 1400 a metre on a higher floor with an attractive view.

AlexfromLA said:
Pre sale in Palermo Hollywood ? Is this going to be a high rise tower ? If not I think it's very over priced.

8-story building to be used as a condo-hotel (or personal use if one wants). I saw the prices of buying at Esplendor, and they are actually charging a lot more and taking a ridiculous 50% management fee. This is fixed-price (no inflation increases) and people can pay from their accounts in the States without the need to worry about transferring money. He does not plan to sell many units (if any) to Argentines because their buying logic tends to differ a lot from Americans.

His other project http://5865ba.com is already sold out and was priced higher than the market price at pre-sale as well.

Juan B Justo used to be a river. A pretty decent sized one.
Of course, when it rains, it still is.
Drainage in Palermo, when it really rains, is pretty unreliable, and it is not limited to one geographic area.

I have seen 3 feet of water on Santa Fe, not far from Scalabrini Ortiz- If it was me, I would invest in a sump pump, a small plug in pump that takes a hose at each end, and keep in the closet.
It would be a small price to pay for "insurance" that you could pump out water if needed.

Sleuth said:
and people can pay from their accounts in the States without the need to worry about transferring money.
I've done this before. With the new laws Argentina is implementing regarding real estate transactions. This could be a problem when it comes time for the owner to sell his property.

Sleuth said:
His other project http://5865ba.com is already sold out and was priced higher than the market price at pre-sale as well.
This building looks really nice. I'll have to look into it. Do you have a link to this new project ?

Ries said:
Juan B Justo used to be a river. A pretty decent sized one.
Of course, when it rains, it still is.

oh damn. So THATS why Las Canitas and Palermo Hollywood get the short end of the stick when it floods. I never knew that.

AlexfromLA said:
I've done this before. With the new laws Argentina is implementing regarding real estate transactions. This could be a problem when it comes time for the owner to sell his property.

Sorry, I meant that they do it completely legal for Argentina without the individual owner needing to worry about it. You pay them in the US and they handle the fees and transactions associated with legally bringing it into Argentina. (A nice benefit.)

AlexfromLA said:
This building looks really nice. I'll have to look into it. Do you have a link to this new project ?

The web site is under development and pre-sales should launch in September. He is also looking to do a new project in Mendoza. Let me know if you want his email address.

Back