Real Estate Prices In Usd And Ars - Help

m.afr.com/p/business/companies/super_rich_return_to_gold_safe_haven_97XY9A5rS4T2hsiogh1bLJ

I'm not sure that gold is more volatile than other investments. Paper money is continually being printed out, and although real estate has always been a solid investment, one must consider the work that goes into renting and maintaining housing. They're also predicting another real estate bubble that will blow up again.

Not to get into it too much because this isn't about that. Gold is currently behaving a little erratic recently and could slip to its steepest monthly loss since 2013 this month and is widely predicted to finish the year at a loss. It is currently at a nine month low. Sure, not a terrible investment per say, but to say it is not volatile is untrue.

Bitcoins have been crashing lately- but have they reached their bottom yet?
At least with gold, there are actual real world uses, both decorative and industrial, which create a lower limit to how low gold will go.
Same thing with real estate- at a certain price, pretty much anything will sell.
Bitcoins, though, could easily go to zero.

There is no easy way to make money for a small investor.
All of the available investments require work, study, and diligence.

Once you get up over a hundred million or so, the market is more tilted in your favor.

We can probably assume that owing and renting in the real estate market makes next to nothing in rent but a profit can be made in the long run, but it requires a lot of maintenance as previously stated in earlier posts. Gold at least requires no maintenance, but who knows if it will retain its value as well as real estate.

Tom and I sold Real estate for 28 years. And prior to that we bought our own home and several investment properties. We bought rental properties over the years. Basically our goal was for the tenants to cover in the first few years maybe 80% or so of the cost of ownership. We believed that owning property was forced savings and looking towards future value. We always bought close to us in "good neighborhoods" , so we could drive by and check on the condition. For most of those years we had property managers because we worked all the time, and that ate up a lot of $. Again, we were looking for future value. We have had some great tenants, and some good tenants, but trust me ( and remember, our properties were close by), we had some unbelievably bad tenants, with so much damage and unpaid rents. I don't know about Florida, but in Seattle the law favors the tenant.
Our goal was future value. We knew the neighborhood. We were Realtors, we knew the business. Yes, we did do okay, we are retired, still have some property, and it is work and $ to maintain your properties.
My opinion is to buy where you live and know.
Nancy
Nancy-san, you two were Realtors ? Wow, then you guys must be doing very OK as budget-wise to be living there in Argentina!
The Real estate realtor I know around here in Danville~Alamo area, she is multi-millionaire, owns a few house valued more than US$10 Mil, and she moves alot of houses in the area. I knew, I got into a wrong business by working at Toyota, should have started selling houses instead.! But too late now..

Whew! That's good news! For awhile there I was worried. :)

Glad somebody is in that boat being lifted by the rising tide.
Somehow, people like Mitt Romney pay 12% tax rates and make 30% return on their money, while my money market account is raking in a whopping 0.9 percent (well, thats almost 1 percent!) my T bills are making 2.8%.

There aint much a small time investor can buy that is safe that will even beat the nominal (as opposed to real) rate of inflation.
Yet somehow hedge funds claim they are making 7.5%.

I would like to see anything you could deposit a thousand dollars in that pays 7.5% right now.

Back