Receiving mail from outside Argentina

Is the receiving procedure for fedex packages the same as in most countries? Do they ring the bell and then you come and sign for the package?

This may sound like a dumb question but I had a fedex package scheduled to arrive today in the capital, I got the tracking emails saying it was coming and then suddenly got an email saying they attempted to deliver and the instructions would be on the doortag.

Standard stuff, except they never rang my bell and there was no doortag anywhere. Is it normal procedure here to have to go pickup the package somewhere and if so how would I know where without the doortag? I tried the website and just keeps referring to the non-existent doortag.

Is the receiving procedure for fedex packages the same as in most countries? Do they ring the bell and then you come and sign for the package?

This may sound like a dumb question but I had a fedex package scheduled to arrive today in the capital, I got the tracking emails saying it was coming and then suddenly got an email saying they attempted to deliver and the instructions would be on the doortag.

Standard stuff, except they never rang my bell and there was no doortag anywhere. Is it normal procedure here to have to go pickup the package somewhere and if so how would I know where without the doortag? I tried the website and just keeps referring to the non-existent doortag.
First thing I'd do is make sure they have the correct address. I have used both Fedex and DHL here for many years and rarely have had a problem. I would call Fedex customer service here in CABA and sort out the problem. You might also want to insure your "bell" is functioning as it should.

Another FWIW ... A good old fashioned letter from EE UU headed to Argentina was returned to sender with "MAIL SERVICE SUSPENDED - RETURN TO SENDER" stamped on it. Letter was mailed the first week in May and returned a few days ago. USPS y Correo Argentina are not currently functional on an international basis.

I spoke to two USA friends who say that letters from the USA to Europe do arrive in EUROPE. The problem must be in Argentina.

I spoke to two USA friends who say that letters from the USA to Europe do arrive in EUROPE. The problem must be in Argentina.
Thanks Sergio, I will keep the board informed as I learn about mail on my end being sent / received.

Thanks, SIlvie. Glad to know the mail is getting through.

I'm having a book mailed from Washington, DC. The Post Office charges US$48, versus FedEx's US$189. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks, SIlvie. Glad to know the mail is getting through.

I'm having a book mailed from Washington, DC. The Post Office charges US$48, versus FedEx's US$189. Keeping my fingers crossed.
OTB,

That is a pricey book!

Was there any possibility of downloading the content to read on your device or computer?

Just curious.

It is a much loved book that disintegrated during my last move. Amply worth it.

There's no e-book version. Anyway, I much prefer real paper books.

Last edited:
Back