Receiving mail from outside Argentina

artisans

Registered
Does anyone know if regular mail is getting through, sent from outside Argentina?
I'm expecting a plain, simple envelope mailed US Postal service from the US. Has not arrived, now 15 days. There is no tracking number.
I went to a local Correo Argentina to ask. A bossy broad at the door told me Aduanas is closed due to the cuarentena.
And did I have a tracking number. And, Argentina!
Does regular mail have to pass through Aduanas?
I have a DNI but the sender surely did not address the envelope with my DNI.

It's likely that all foreign mail passes through Aduanas first so they can check for any suspicious content before being forwarded to Correo Argentino offices.

The US Postal Service is dealing with a crisis of their own, so be patient.

Does anyone know if regular mail is getting through, sent from outside Argentina?
I'm expecting a plain, simple envelope mailed US Postal service from the US. Has not arrived, now 15 days. There is no tracking number.
I went to a local Correo Argentina to ask. A bossy broad at the door told me Aduanas is closed due to the cuarentena.
Will let you know inside of 10 days - I have some things in the mail right now.

To the best of my knowledge and experience, simple mail / envelopes do not attract the attention of customs agents in most countries.

I believe there is an automated process to flag anything suspicious, then it can be followed up with by a human inspector.

Please, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe I am correct.

I have not gotten any basic international mail since January when I received my 2019 SS Benefit Statement. But I have not been expecting any mail from the US. A mailman has been delivering utility bills to our building as usual.

Not that I am aware. Aduana deals with international packages. It may be that the ARG Correo distribution center could be short staffed.

You could simply life for yourself by having the sender upload the documents and send them by email. Whatever it is can be scanned or photographed for attaching as a file to an email. This is your backup plan if you need the contents in a week or so and the mail hasn't been delivered.

I have received mail during the lockdown. A couple of smaller envelopes where delivered directly to my house. But one larger envelope was flagged by customs and I received a telegram with all the info (tracking number and all). I had then to fill out a form online at https://epago.correoargentino.com.ar/#/login and also pay the fee online there. A couple of weeks later the envelope was delivered to may door. So, mail is working including aduana (100% online no office visit) but slow.

I have received mail during the lockdown. A couple of smaller envelopes where delivered directly to my house. But one larger envelope was flagged by customs and I received a telegram with all the info (tracking number and all). I had then to fill out a form online at https://epago.correoargentino.com.ar/#/login and also pay the fee online there. A couple of weeks later the envelope was delivered to may door. So, mail is working including aduana (100% online no office visit) but slow.
Thank you, this gets to the core of the doubts. So: Yes, standard envelopes are getting through; Aduanas is not delaying regular envelopes; Aduanas is working the mails, slowly, and handling mail with issues via Correo Argentina website and telegram; avoid the woman blocking the door and handing out suspect information at the Laprida Correo Argentino.
Googling about receiving mail at Argentina there was a page stating "normal" delivery time is 7 to 21 days. Maybe next week then.

I received the following information today from American Citizen Services at the US Embassy in their daily email to citizens:

Economic Impact Payments (CARE Stimulus Payments)

· While the U.S. government has begun processing economic impact payments for qualified recipients, the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires will not receive or administer any of these funds on behalf of U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents. If you believe you are eligible to receive an economic impact payment, you should visit the IRS Coronavirus page at www.irs.gov and coronavirus tax relief and economic impact payments.

Mail Services in Argentina

· There have been disruptions in Postal Service delivery in Argentina, including delays and non-delivery. International mail service has been severely disrupted. FEDEX and DHL still have limited operations for international service, though the price will likely be higher than normal.

the following is my experience for sending mail with correo argentina: I paid 1100 pesos for a carta certificada international europa with an a4 sized envelope with a few a4 pages on 19th of March, and it hasn't gone very far.

01-04-2020 CTP CPI-BUENOS AIRESLLEGADA AL CENTRO DE PROCESAMIENTO
26-03-2020 CTP BUENOS AIRESEN PROCESO DE CLASIFICACIÓN
25-03-2020 CTP BUENOS AIRESLLEGADA AL CENTRO DE PROCESAMIENTO
25-03-2020 CLOG BSAS N1EN PROCESO DE CLASIFICACIÓN
25-03-2020 CLOG BSAS N1
25-03-2020 CLOG BSAS N1LLEGADA AL CENTRO DE PROCESAMIENTO

when I emailed [email protected] with my tracking number to see what the problem was they wanted a load of details and I just gave up.

Para poder continuar con las averiguaciones correspondientes te solicitamos nos contactes nuevamente informando.

Número de envío
Datos del Remitente: Nombre apellido/Razón Social, DNI/CUIT, dirección completa, teléfono
Datos del destinatario: Nombre apellido/Razón social, dirección completa.
Adjunta también un escaneo o fotografía legible del ticket/factura de envío.

It is not getting through. A NY friend (from BA) sent mail to her family in BA. After days, she got the mail with a sticker saying "Mail Service Suspended".

Back