Recommend a city

jp said:
Is this supposed to be a sophisticated, intellectual perspective?

Eh, I'm not a sophisticated intellectual. I'm just good at math. For example, 10,000 Muslim refugees + 20 years = 1M Muslims = country gone to crap.

Dolly said:
Hey Malvinas, I've got to agree with syngirl whole heartedly. If you're looking for cities to live in, you have to do some research beyond mere speculation.

That's what I'm doing.

Dolly said:
I've lived in Auckland - it's nothing like Liverpool (which I lived in and enjoyed) It's not a small working class city - It's huge and quite sophisticated with a very high standard of living. You say they'd hate you? Well, that I can't speculate, but certainly not because they'd find your intellect superior!
Rosario - A big dirty industrial city? Rosario is wonderful, on the river with wonderful restaurants and cafes. And very welcoming locals too.
Have to agree with others that Bariloche, Rosario, Cordoba and Mendoza are all beautiful cities, with educated people, attractive surroundings and interesting places to visit.
So are you any closer to a decision?

I originally thought of moving to Auckland and did some research. Everyone told me it was hickish, like Arkansas, USA. Maybe things have changed in the past 2 years. No, I'm not closer to a decision. Maybe the moon, every place seems meh.

Malvinas said:
No, I'm not closer to a decision. Maybe the moon, every place seems meh.

You know why they seem "meh" to you?
Because they all have other people living in. You are correct, the moon may be your best choice. ;)
Seems to me, no place on earth can satisfy you.

billsfan said:
You know why they seem "meh" to you?
Because they all have other people living in. You are correct, the moon may be your best choice. ;)
Seems to me, no place on earth can satisfy you.

Not true. I like people for playing football and cleaning my place up. Besides, nobody lives in Mongolia and that place seems mehish.

I just got back from Cordoba, and I found it much dirtier than Buenos Aires...the air was foul from so many old cars and busses. The province of Cordoba is beautiful, but it sounds like you are looking for a real city. I would second Mendoza, although it is inconvenient for international travel and can be pretty sleepy at night. I think there are parts of Buenos Aires that aren't so crowded, noisy and dirty...you've got to get out of the San Telmo-Recoleta-Palermo corridor.

I lived in the city of Córdoba for two long years. The main city is quite dull and ugly IMHO, with the exception of a few pretty peatonales in the historic Jesuit area. The city does have some very nice suburban areas like Villa Allende and Alta Córdoba.

Córdoba has a ton of beautiful little towns speckled throughout the lower sierras that are not far from the main airport - i.e., Río Ceballos and Salsipuedes.

We are 20 minutes from the Bariloche city center, but closer to the pot of gold.

Rainbow-28-de-Dec.jpg

soulskier said:
We are 20 minutes from the Bariloche city center, but closer to the pot of gold.

Do people go sailing or diving in that lake? Is it too cold to swim year around? How much is property 20min to 1hr away from the city?

Back