Recommend a city

Malvinas

Registered
I don't think BA with the pollution, noise, etc. is for me. The south sounds great but there are so few people. I need a town that is pretty sophisticated (colleges, doctors, nobel hopefuls, mathematicians, etc.).

The main problem is that I frequently travel to Asia for work and that flight is absolutely terrible.

I do enjoy football and speak Spanish.

So what do you recommend?

Minneapolis.

I am pretty sure Delta took over all of Northwest's direct flights over to Asia...

orwellian said:
Singapore .

Singapore?

One of the most expensive places Ive ever been to,so if $ is no problem,sure its very clean,its also very dull and "sterile" is an adjective Ive often heard to describe it.

Id recommend a beach town in the P.I.

Of course...Malvinas

"I need a town that is pretty sophisticated"

But I doubt it will be sophisticated enough for you...but Hey, plenty warm beer there.

I will vote for Auckland New Zealand!!!! but I guess he means a city in Argentina.... maybe Cordoba since you need a bigger airport to fly to Asia!!!

A&A said:
Manilla???

Yes, I meant in Argentina but thanks for the suggestions.

Singapore - oppressive, ridiculously overpriced.

Manila - no scientific/mathematic community and I imagine far noisier and dirtier than BA.

Malvinas - future war zone.

Auckland - hmmm, never been there. My impression is that it's a real working class town, like Liverpool.They'd probably hate me.

Cordoba - sounds pretty interesting actually, but I was hoping for a city further down south. Is Bariloche nothing but tourists? What's in Ushuaia? What about Neunqen?

Stockholm - is it overrun with muslims yet like the rest of Europe? I heard making friends in Scandinavia is virtually impossible.

Minneapolis - USA is out of the question.

Back