Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

These are some developments regarding flight frequencies following the previous announcement of further flight reductions.

In the case of Aerolineas Argentinas, within the framework of Administrative Decision 219, the reduction of frequencies was ordered during March and April. Flights to destinations in Brazil such as Rio de Janeiro were canceled (the flights that were scheduled for March 27 and 29 and April 3, 5 and 11); San Pablo (for March 26 and 30 and April 6, 8 and 9) and Florianópolis. There are also fewer frequencies to Santiago de Chile (with seven flights canceled between March and April), Miami (eight flights canceled) and Madrid (four flights canceled).

Meanwhile, American Airlines assured that starting this week, their plan is to reduce their flights from Buenos Aires to Dallas Fort Worth to two weekly flights and continue operating their daily service to Miami. "We will work to re-accommodate our impacted customers," they explained.

During this month, the Latam Airlines company reduced its operations by 30% to Santiago de Chile, 70% to São Paulo (Brazil) and 30% to Lima. All in all, Latam is operating eight weekly frequencies to Santiago de Chile, seven weekly frequencies to Lima and three weekly frequencies to São Paulo, according to the reduction requested by the Government since March 13.

In Air France KLM they assured that they did not have to reduce their flights again due to the current restrictions. The German airline
Lufthansa also maintains its frequencies, but awaiting possible new government measures that could impact its flight schedule.

In addition, the Ministry of Transport, together with other organizations, is analyzing a flight order to guarantee the safe return of Argentines abroad. According to immigration records, it is estimated that there are around 27,000 Argentines abroad, but the Government assures that these are not people who are stranded and who are returning normally.

Flights to Brazil, Chile and Mexico cancelled. PCR test required prior to departure AND PCR test on arrival AND PCR test on 7th day. If this doesn't make idiots stop travelling for tourism I don't know what will lol.. Got to love Argentina

Flights to Brazil, Chile and Mexico cancelled. PCR test required prior to departure AND PCR test on arrival AND PCR test on 7th day. If this doesn't make idiots stop travelling for tourism I don't know what will lol.. Got to love Argentina

These are new regulations? Do you have a source? Link? Also don't PCR tests take several days to get results? Where would these tests be administered?

These are new regulations? Do you have a source? Link? Also don't PCR tests take several days to get results? Where would these tests be administered?
it's everywhere in the news every single newspaper.
PCR within 72hs of departure.
PCR at arrival at the airport, Ezeiza.
PCR at leaving cuarentena in 7 days (likely at a private lab)
PCR test results take as little as 2 hours these days.

I thought rapid tests

I thought rapid tests were quick but PCRs took time. Is there a lab at Ezeiza? What if the PCR tests positive?

regarding the 2 hour PCR results...... maybe in CABA, but certainly not in Texas.....I could get the antigen test back in a time frame of a couple hours to 2 days, depending on where I went.......at $250+ (US) ...the best I could get on PCR was ''possibly" in 2 days, but more than likely 3 days +....part of the problem in Texas is that so many different proprietary interests have their hand in the pie that they relieve each other from any responsibility....i..e......one org takes the swab, another transports the swab (once a day) to the lab, the lab processes the results and notifies the original site.....add to this the fact that the labs are closed on weekends, so the swab you completed Friday morning is transported to the lab on Friday afternoon, and the lab may get to it on Monday ..... you can see how difficult this is as everyone involved blames the other guy, and in the meantime you're trying to cobble all this together in a specified timeframe.....It took an effort by a number of professionals to pull this rabbit out of the hat for me.....again.......be thankful you're dealing with this in BA......it may be more proficient in other states, but it is a hot mess in Texas.

SO now the Government won't be able to blame travel outside Argentina for the rise in cases.. Where I live they just had a huge outdoor music festival with people literally crammed on top of each other jumping up and down screaming to shitty music for 3 hours. Was at least 400-500 people - no masks at all. They also left rubbish everywhere. Yet they make children WHO REQUIRE SOCIAL INTERACTION wear masks in classes and socially distance... Only in Argentina my friends

SO now the Government won't be able to blame travel outside Argentina for the rise in cases.. Where I live they just had a huge outdoor music festival with people literally crammed on top of each other jumping up and down screaming to shitty music for 3 hours. Was at least 400-500 people - no masks at all. They also left rubbish everywhere. Yet they make children WHO REQUIRE SOCIAL INTERACTION wear masks in classes and socially distance... Only in Argentina my friends

Sorry to say but it's not unique to Argentina ...... that delusional denial exists even more so in the states, primarily the red ones like texas and florida.......ps......it has been heavily covered by the media, such as when Miami was recently shut down.

From what I've read the test results in Ezezia will not be immediate. You can go home to do your seven day quarantine, but if the test comes back positive, you will have to pay for a test to determine the variant, and you and your closest contacts (household members) will all then have to go to a hotel and pay.

Back