Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

No enforcement upon arrival in CABA during February. However be cautious about doormen and neighbours potential snitches.
I don't have a doorman and I don't tell my neighbors where I go....

I arrived in New York last Thursday, fully vaccinated but luckily the day before the governor removed the quarantine requirement for those that had been vaccinated. Still, I got three recorded calls from the police and a live call from the health dept. Once I told them I was vaccinated, they asked for the dates and that was it; I was free to move around. What surprised me was the number of people walking with a mask on; it was very well respected. Where I live regularly, in Orange County, Southern California, most people ignore the need to wear a mask.

I arrived in New York last Thursday, fully vaccinated but luckily the day before the governor removed the quarantine requirement for those that had been vaccinated. Still, I got three recorded calls from the police and a live call from the health dept. Once I told them I was vaccinated, they asked for the dates and that was it; I was free to move around. What surprised me was the number of people walking with a mask on; it was very well respected. Where I live regularly, in Orange County, Southern California, most people ignore the need to wear a mask.

Did you have 14 days since the second shot?

Yes I did. We timed it accordingly, my wife and I. We got the Pfizer shots.

Lots of people flying to Newark in order to skip all of that.

Ministry of health and chief of cabinet rules out closing the borders with Brazil or implementing new travel related measures for now, but there is an assessment of the overall health situation is underway.

Flights to US, Brazil, Colombia, Europe, Ecuador, Mexico and Chile now expected to be "limited", but not cancelled (by the government...) altogether. That doesn't leave a lot of destinations with flights that won't be affected.... effectively just Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia.

Ban on entry of non-resident foreigners may be extended along with an outright ban on those coming from countries with new strains (e.g. US, Europe, UK, Brazil etc.) Imagine this means changes for those non-residents wanting to travel to Argentina for family reunification purposes?

Full details of what exactly this means expected in tomorrow's DNU. Got to love this governments he-said-she-said-keep-em-hanging approach to communications.

----

Migrations, ANAC and Health will determine the schedule and the maximum number of passengers entering the country. It would be announced with the change in the DISPO, between Friday and Saturday. In Casa Rosada there is concern about the increase in cases and the community circulation of virus mutations in bordering latitudes...

...Yesterday there was an emergency meeting in the committee created at the Cabinet Headquarters to analyze the new extension of the Preventive and Obligatory Social Distancing (DISPO), which will be in force as of Saturday. At the meeting it was resolved not to cancel all flights to and from abroad, but to limit them. The list of countries is being defined, but in principle it would be the United States, Brazil, Colombia and Chile.This afternoon, the minister of the portfolio, Carla Vizzotti, and her partner from Tourism, Matías Lammens, arrived at the Casa Rosada to discuss the situation and outline measures....

...At the end of February, the national administration extended the ban on entry of non-resident foreigners until March 12, that is, this Friday. With the new provision, the measure would be extended to anyone who comes from countries considered dangerous due to contact with coronavirus strains. It is still unknown what they will be...

Reactions: ben
Prior to announcements today or tomorrow the flight schedule from 16MAR looked like:

Rutas y frecuencias del aeropuerto de Ezeiza a partir del 16 de marzo
  • Addis Ababa – San Pablo – Buenos Aires – San Pablo – Addis Ababa: 1 frecuencia semanal (Ethiopian Airlines).
  • Amsterdam – Buenos Aires – Amsterdam: 4 frecuencias semanales (KLM).
  • Asunción – Buenos Aires – Asunción: 15 frecuencias semanales (Paranair).
  • Atlanta – Buenos Aires – Atlanta: 2 frecuencias semanales (Delta Air Lines).
  • Barcelona – Buenos Aires – Barcelona: 2 frecuencias semanales (Level).
  • Bogotá – Buenos Aires – Bogotá: 9 frecuencias semanales (Aerolíneas Argentinas y Avianca).
  • Buenos Aires – Cancún – Buenos Aires: 3 frecuencias semanales (Aerolíneas Argentinas).
  • Buenos Aires – Punta Cana – Buenos Aires: 2 frecuencias semanales (Aerolíneas Argentinas).
  • Ciudad de México – Buenos Aires – Ciudad de México: 5 frecuencias semanales (Aeromexico).
  • Ciudad de Panamá – Buenos Aires – Ciudad de Panamá: 14 frecuencias semanales (Copa Airlines).
  • Dallas – Buenos Aires – Dallas: 3 frecuencias semanales (American Airlines).
  • Estambul – San Pablo – Buenos Aires – San Pablo – Estambul: 2 frecuencias semanales (Turkish Airlines).
  • Frankfurt – Buenos Aires – Frankfurt: 2 frecuencias semanales (Lufthansa).
  • Houston – Buenos Aires – Houston: 3 frecuencias semanales (United Airlines).
  • Lima – Buenos Aires – Lima: 12 frecuencias semanales (LATAM Perú).
  • Madrid – Buenos Aires – Madrid: 10 frecuencias semanales (Aerolíneas Argentinas, Air Europa e Iberia).
  • Miami – Buenos Aires – Miami: 12 frecuencias semanales (Aerolíneas Argentinas y American Airlines).
  • París – Buenos Aires – París: 3 frecuencias semanales (Air France).
  • San Pablo – Buenos Aires – San Pablo: 6 frecuencias semanales (LATAM Brasil).
  • Santa Cruz de la Sierra – Buenos Aires – Santa Cruz de la Sierra: 6 frecuencias semanales (Boliviana de Aviación).
  • Santiago de Chile – Buenos Aires – Santiago de Chile: 17 frecuencias semanales (JetSMART, LATAM y SKY).
  • Zurich – Buenos Aires – Zurich: 1 frecuencia semanal (Edelweiss Air – Swiss).
Most of these frequencies now look likely to be downscaled yet again.... if the new limits are drastically lower than the number of passengers traveling today from affected destinations are imposed, then it could create a backlog of travelers abroad waiting to get a seat. If you have a flight anytime soon, keep an eye on it.

Last edited:
Back