Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

I wonder how the 44 students managed to all produce negative PCR tests before flying?

I have a friend that returned from Punta Cana three weeks ago, and the major hotel where he stayed gave him a PCR test certificate without the need to take the test. The hotels don't want to lose tourists, and they don't want to pay for the actual test, so they produce fake reports. Whether this also happens in Mexico, I don't know but ...?

I wonder how the 44 students managed to all produce negative PCR tests before flying?

The mother of one of the students indicated,on TV, that the students paid the Travel Agency , who in turn paid a lab in Cancun for the PCR tests in cash

Adobe Photoshop?
not necessarily. It takes time after exposure to COVID for the virus to replicate to detectable levels. If they did the PCR 3 days before the flight this could have been a false negative, it happens all the time.

not necessarily. It takes time after exposure to COVID for the virus to replicate to detectable levels. If they did the PCR 3 days before the flight this could have been a false negative, it happens all the time.
Thats very true, but for 44 out of 100 - very unlikely given they would all be at different stages of infection and exposure.
The reality is without a globally unified digital travel document to record vaccinations and test results in a verifiable way, it is just a little piece of paper that check-in agents and border officials need to trust.

It highlights the importance of testing on arrival or managed quarantines (according to a countries specific strategy and objectives)
Unfortunately it also creates a "why bother" sentiment for travellers being tested prior to departure, even if it is more than likely to significantly reduce the amount of positives getting on a plane.

Thats very true, but for 44 out of 100 - very unlikely given they would all be at different stages of infection and exposure.
The reality is without a globally unified digital travel document to record vaccinations and test results in a verifiable way, it is just a little piece of paper that check-in agents and border officials need to trust.

It highlights the importance of testing on arrival or managed quarantines (according to a countries specific strategy and objectives)
Unfortunately it also creates a "why bother" sentiment for travellers being tested prior to departure, even if it is more than likely to significantly reduce the amount of positives getting on a plane.
There are so many ideas out there floating around on this topic, some have a lot of merit. But on the whole, if one doesn't need to travel, it's simply best to sit it all out until the world heals. It's a tough thing to do I know, but perhaps it's a chance to discover other parts of a life?

There are so many ideas out there floating around on this topic, some have a lot of merit. But on the whole, if one doesn't need to travel, it's simply best to sit it all out until the world heals. It's a tough thing to do I know, but perhaps it's a chance to discover other parts of a life?
Could not agree more.

Looks like they are indeed seriously considering further new measures including:
A) charging all passengers for PCR test
B) requiring mandatory hotel quarantine which the passenger must pay for

Meanwhile another group of 50 High school Graduates returned from abroad on another flight - 30 of them tested positive on arrival.

Based on the numbers it’s obvious that the vast majority of people are indeed staying home and avoiding non-essential international travel. For those that need or want to assume the risk of international travel, irresponsable and selfish behavior such as this ruin it for everyone.

Last edited:
Looks like they are indeed seriously considering further new measures including:
A) charging all passengers for PCR test
B) requiring mandatory hotel quarantine which the passenger must pay for

Meanwhile another group of 50 High school Graduates returned from abroad on another flight - 30 of them tested positive on arrival.

Based on the numbers it’s obvious that the vast majority of people are indeed staying home and avoiding non-essential international travel. For those that need or want to assume the risk of international travel, irresponsable and selfish behavior such as this ruin it for everyone.
Scare tactics. Option A. Sure. Option B. Seriously doubt it. Maybe later on if things get REALLY bad and only arrivals from some countries.
This whole thing is meticulously orchestrated with media taking it in like candy. This news on its own will reduce the demand for intl travel by 30% over the next month. And that was the whole point.

These guys cant do anything. Including putting together a program that forces you to stay in a hotel for quarantine. I bet they're even still giving vaccines to "important" people.

This is all to keep those usd in the country. The reserves have gotten so low that even essential equipment purchases (materials, machinery, parts) that will enable future income to Arg are being denied for importation.

Back