Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

What about the other provinces - are they organising locations/appointments to do the PCR test before quarantine is finished?

On the other hand, if you miss an appointment, will you be able to get one easily again? There are too many reports of #147 telephone terror. Maybe best go, if it’s not your time yet, they should be able to reschedule you.
Yes they have plenty of available spots. You don't have to do ti with them actually. You can do it at a private lab and pay.

To sum up. CABA Health called me the day after arrival to check if i had sinstomas etc. Called again after 3 days and asked the same questions. Gave me a turno at the Rural to get tested (they let you chose the location and time), results come via Whatsapp in about 10 hours. Next day someone else called to ask if I had gotten a PCR and what was the result ( they said they were from CABA), so it seems that several agencies are involved and they don't really coordinate who has already called etc. No one came to my house to check on me but they do check probably 1 our of 10 randomly. So stay home.

How quickly do you get results from the ciudad? Might just go to a private one if it gets me out of the house quicker
Ah just seen your reply.
10 hours not bad.

If you go in the morning you will get the results usually by end of day.
We've seen 1-2 days, most negative results are given out on the same day. If the result is positive it will come faster (2-3 hours). Just our experience and from people we know.

dsp27 was talking about La Rural, that seems to be a special test centre for teachers, police, and other public employees, plus tourists. In our experience they won't test you there if you don't have an appointment, so even if the appointment seems too early I'd take it. The procedure is very fast, I don't even have time to drive around the block after dropping someone off before they're finished.

International arrivals will now be limited to 600 per day.
This will mean a lot less approved flights in July so disruptions for many travel plans to and from Argentina.
Approved flights will probably only be announced at the last minute again, especially given the drastic reduction.
As posted earlier, if you have a booking with LATAM you can already change it free of charge.

Not many flights a day! I wonder if they go by the max capacity of the flight or how many are booked?
There was probably only 60-70 people on the Lufthansa flight I was on on Thursday. 747-800 probably holds 350 passengers.

Not many flights a day! I wonder if they go by the max capacity of the flight or how many are booked?
There was probably only 60-70 people on the Lufthansa flight I was on on Thursday. 747-800 probably holds 350 passengers.
I have been on some of these underutilized flights over the years. Plenty of leg room and it is easy to stretch out.

From the perspective of the airline, it has to be a loser.

I had 3 seats to myself, had a bed! To be honest I’ve flown regularly throughout the pandemic and it’s been quite nice to go through empty airports and lots of free seats on flights!
Except the occasional inconvenience of nowhere selling beer.

Last edited:
Back