Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

Have they posted any of the approved flights for the month of July yet?
according to a travel agent i follow on twitter, @harrylpg, they'll be posting them sometime in the next 2-3 days. I don't think they'll be very numerous with this new DNU that limits passengers to 600 a day

he's full of good information, highly recommend referencing his page when you have questions. he updates regularly

Another important detail to keep in mind if planning on arriving in Argentina between 01 July and 31 August:

"Those who return from abroad between July 1 and August 31, are obliged to isolate themselves in the places determined by the provincial and CABA governments, for 10 days, counted from the test carried out in the country of origin", was another of today's announcements, as well as that "the stay in places of isolation will be in charge of the passenger."

This may mean we will see hotel quarantines reintroduced soon in some jurisdictions. The CABA government amongst others have recently been urging people not to travel abroad at this time and IMO would not be surprised if were planning to re-introduce this measure.

Until further details available, I assume this will mean the end of the 7 day + negative PCR test scheme currently in place and 10 days for everyone si o si as from 01JUL.

It appears that due to this latest DNU (Art. 1) the entry of direct foreign national family members (children, parents, spouses, partners etc) has also been suspended. Meaning that until 09JUL at least, entry only allowed for Argentine citizens or residents. Anyone have more information on this?

is it clear now these new rules about quarantining on return? is it automatically in a hotel? i can't figure out clearly what the scheme is.

is it clear now these new rules about quarantining on return? is it automatically in a hotel? i can't figure out clearly what the scheme is.
I understand that at the moment the place of quarantine (e.g. at home for negatives on arrival, hotel for positives on arrival) stays unchanged for CABA unless/ until they announce otherwise.

The most recent comments I saw from the city government were focused on enforcement of quarantine at home - using security forces to physically check on most returnees at their declared residence (which I hear is happening a lot now.. so if they catch you not home they will charge you with a crime) I understand the limitation they face regarding the quarantine hotels is availability of health care workers to help support them.

Each jurisdiction may vary, but all now have the right to demand you quarantine in a hotel or other facility at your own expense.

My friend just said they are canceling trips and only 600 people may enter Argentina per day!?

My friend just said they are canceling trips and only 600 people may enter Argentina per day!?
Yes. Aerolineas Argentinas has already cancelled 59 out of 90 scheduled flights between now and 11JUL.

More generic details on the new restrictions available on the link above or various Argentine media outlets.

I would expect this disruption to last a month or few...

Anyone travelling to or from Argentina is best advised to be prepared to be "stranded" for some weeks/ months and thus ensure you have the resources/ funds for a place to stay longer than anticipated etc... if unlucky enough to have a cancelled flight, getting a new seat on a flight will be very, very difficult given the enormous backlog resulting - especially to/ from the US and other Latin American destinations where demand is higher. The Argentine government previously ruled out putting on "repatriation" flights.

Update as ANAC approvals start to trickle in:
Lufthansa has two flights to FRA approved by ANAC already 03JUL and 10JUL only - all others cancelled prior to 11JUL:

LATAM will operate one flight to LIM on 02JUL only - all others cancelled prior to 12JUL. Information on Brazil and Chile routes to follow.

American just cancelled their flight tomorrow night from Dallas. I'm sure most of the passengers had already paid a considerable amount to get a pcr test that will probably be invalid by the time they are rebooked and fly. How completely insane to implement this type of policy in such a short period of time. Can this govt get any worse?

American just cancelled their flight tomorrow night from Dallas. I'm sure most of the passengers had already paid a considerable amount to get a pcr test that will probably be invalid by the time they are rebooked and fly. How completely insane to implement this type of policy in such a short period of time. Can this govt get any worse?

This is essentially closing the borders without "closing the borders".

600 people is basically a plane and a half a day....for an entire country.... Corona virus is the best tool for nonsense the politicians could ever get.

Back