Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

Is Buquebus possible? Is travel open to everyone? What about travel restrictions to Uruguay? Is there a qusrantine?

If you are not a resident or citizen of UY you cannot go to MDV.

And if flights are still being restricted from Argentina, how do you get to Montevideo?
That wasn't part of Jeff's question.

My answer was based purely on ease of facility.

But seeing as you pose the question, I'll entertain it:

It won't be easy if he is trying to begin from Argentina. Everything in this world is "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" right now. That is the exact reason why I have given up and decided to ride out the storm indefinitely until the sun shines again. How long will that be? On a WW (World Wide) basis, I believe no earlier than mid 2022 at the earliest and more like sometime 2023, but hold on to your seat, it could drag out to something longer with the unknown factor as part of the equation.

As long as vaccines continue to prevent vast majority of severe cases that require hospitalisations then there is no reason to lock down once everyone who wishes to get vaccinated can. IMO that should mean over 30's and anyone with any underlying condition who is also younger. The virus is extremely unlikely to lead to hospitalisation or any long term effects once you start to get to under 30's. The only people who are dying or getting extremely sick in the young age bracket are those with underlying issues who should be vaccinated anyway. The UK is the first real test of fighting a new strain with a high % of their population vaccinated and its showing that they were pretty damn well.. Not perfect (in fact half of the recorded deaths were fully vaccinated) however the number is way way lower than previous waves when cases were at the same level.

What does "ease of facility" mean?
Just what does the sun shining again mean? The end of Covid? Whatever you mean, on what do you base your speculation?

Buquebus? I think they still run twice a week. Does anyone know if non residents can enter Uruguay? Wondering if I can fly to MVD from the US and then get to BA on the ferry
Nope. You can follow Buquebus on Instagram, they published their winter program 4 days ago: every Monday and Thursday Buenos Aires to Montevideo, but from either side only residents or nationals of the destination country.

What are restrictions by road to enter Argentina. Is it amongst the 600

AFAIK no authorization for commuters to enter Argentina by land. Only via designated airports.
Only commercial trucks and the like can enter via land borders.

I saw an article that there was taxis and buses taking people from the Iguazu area to ASU to catch international flights out.

Back