Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

I saw an article that there was taxis and buses taking people from the Iguazu area to ASU to catch international flights out.
They mentioned this on the Aviacionline website in the comments section as well. As a "one way" option to leave the country.

I have been flying EZE-SFO-EZE for the past 7 years with AVIANCA. Since last month I have been receiving their emails offering o/w fares equal to 50% of the cost of their r/t tickets without a charge for a change of date. This is a "first" for this carrier on this route.

The IATA says that every day 1400 more Argentinians are stranded outside the country and “the airlines are going to start to reconsider whether it is feasible to operate in the country”. Lets hope their pressure helps bring some more a saner regimen.

"every day 1400 more Argentinians are stranded outside the country" - I'm wondering how that works, are 2000 per day still leaving, even though they know (and sign a statement that they know) that they might not be able to get back soon? Or are they multiplying like rabbits out there?

[1400 more stranded per day equals 2000 out minus 600 in, I assume the quota of 600 in is completely used]

The IATA says that every day 1400 more Argentinians are stranded outside the country and “the airlines are going to start to reconsider whether it is feasible to operate in the country”. Lets hope their pressure helps bring some more a saner regimen.

Maybe the airlines should REALLY pull out permanently. Argentina can just revert to the era of steamships, if they even allow that.

Maybe the airlines should REALLY pull out permanently. Argentina can just revert to the era of steamships, if they even allow that.
So... you've seen a lot of airlines and other companies take principled stands and really strike a blow for the consumer, have you?

You do realize that foreign airlines still fly to, just to take an example, Venezuela (and we are a long way still from being Argenzuela), and over the last 5 years new Venezuelan airlines have been formed, and existing ones have even increased their route maps (at least prior to the pandemic). All the emoting, wishful thinking, and naïveté are not going to sway the beancounters who take these decisions.

So... you've seen a lot of airlines and other companies take principled stands and really strike a blow for the consumer, have you?

You do realize that foreign airlines still fly to, just to take an example, Venezuela (and we are a long way still from being Argenzuela), and over the last 5 years new Venezuelan airlines have been formed, and existing ones have even increased their route maps (at least prior to the pandemic). All the emoting, wishful thinking, and naïveté are not going to sway the beancounters who take these decisions.

It amazes me how people on this site lack a sense of irony. The airlines will obviously do what is in their interest. Incidentally, what foreign airlines fly to Venezuela? Any from the US?

It amazes me how people on this site lack a sense of irony. The airlines will obviously do what is in their interest. Incidentally, what foreign airlines fly to Venezuela? Any from the US?
That was such a quick pívot I think you left your likes twisting in the wind :) . Copa certainly fly there, who would want to fly a US… or was that ironic too?

Back