Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

Looks like airlines are cancelling flights for this week now. 1 day before my return flight. No notice :( and i'm out a covid test too.

Looks like airlines are cancelling flights for this week now. 1 day before my return flight. No notice :( and i'm out a covid test too.

With the increased number of people allowed, won't you have a better chance of flying? And when they cancel flights how do they accommodate passengers?

There were 2 weeks of 1400/day passengers not being able to fly. Moving from 600 to 760 will do very little.

If there are 20,000 stranded passengers that will take nearly 1 month to clear that backlog assuming no one leaving Argentina wants to return in the mean time.

To give an example, if they permitted the 1000 passengers/day they plan to allow at end of the month, that will still take 20 days.

My sons birthday is the 27th and was really hoping to be back by then...

There were 2 weeks of 1400/day passengers not being able to fly. Moving from 600 to 760 will do very little.

If there are 20,000 stranded passengers that will take nearly 1 month to clear that backlog assuming no one leaving Argentina wants to return in the mean time.

To give an example, if they permitted the 1000 passengers/day they plan to allow at end of the month, that will still take 20 days.

My sons birthday is the 27th and was really hoping to be back by then...

How many passengers were they allowing in before these recent restrictions?

I returned to Argentina yesterday from Mexico City. What a nightmare, including ticketed passengers getting pulled out of the check in line and told they wouldn't be flying. For whatever reason I was on the good to go list. Just luck. I'll post more once I catch up on my sleep. Time for an early in the day nap.:)

Curious as to the legal status of people with the right to be in the country - thinking citizens and permanent residents - that enter the country without inspection.
What level infraction have they committed, and what are the potential repercussions?

Curious as to the legal status of people with the right to be in the country - thinking citizens and permanent residents - that enter the country without inspection.
What level infraction have they committed, and what are the potential repercussions?
I entered without problems yesterday with a color copy of my most recent DNI, the old DNI, and my precaria. All of those documents closely eyed by airline personnel on the way out and back in. And to be noted, this is temporary residency, not permanent. I must say the Immigration official I had at EZE yesterday was the most professional I have ever encountered. A nice ending to a very imperfect day.

Right, but that’s all once you land in Ezeiza. I mean more like something along these lines:

In the worst case, there appear to be frequent scheduled raft crossings between Bolivia and Argentina up Salta way that don’t count as part of this 600 for anyone looking at ViruViru or Cochabamba as options... just not sure if you earn miles or can use upgrade certificates on those however ;)

Assuming no contraband whatsoever, simply entry to the country without passing through a legal entry point. What legal exposure does that carry?
Normally we talk about illegal entry in the context of someone who isn’t allowed to be in the country. What if that’s moot - citizens and legal residents - and it is only the entry itself that is illegal?

Back