Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

By the way if you don’t have a DNI that’s twice I’ve been to La Rural for a PCR test and twice I have never got the result back. Their system isn’t able to recognise a passport number as ID.

FYI, I tried to rebook on the 27th on united but they told me it's already sold out.

FYI, I tried to rebook on the 27th on united but they told me it's already sold out.
You could take a gamble and rebook on the 3rd or 10th. Tuesdays seems to be the safest bet. But that could change of course ...

yeah, seems that way but for now i'm gonna hold my ticket for the 25th and see if anything opens up in a few days that's confirmed.

Seems like the delta variant is sneaking in on the flights: https://www.lanacion.com.ar/socieda...a-en-viajeros-en-las-ultimas-dos-nid12072021/ , with this remark in particular: "Three of the detected cases are adults who were vaccinated during their stay in Miami, United States".

Very unfortunately, in my view, this doesn't exactly undermine the rationale of the federal government to restrict passenger numbers to Argentina, and, as always, there is a pelotudo hero to put the cherry on the cake: https://www.pagina12.com.ar/354460-volvio-de-miami-con-la-variante-delta-y-no-cumplio-el-aislam "returned from Miami with the Delta variant and did not comply with the mandatory isolation". As my parents say, "there's always one..."

Even our very own weasley guy in CABA doesn't deny it: "https://www.clarin.com/sociedad/fer...gentina-personas-retornando-_0_qMUxdKvKg.html", though he's doing his absolute level best to undermine the federal strategy to vaccinate as many people as possible "the criterion is top priority for the second dose", without any medical or scientific justification of course, quite the contrary in fact. Young unvaccinated people plus delta... sounds like a great combination for "los chicos", what can I say?

Here are some notes for anyone trying to return to Argentina. These are not well structured, but might be helpful.

OK, so my flight on Monday was cancelled on Sunday, but then reinstated several hours later.

I don't know why ANAC told American to cancel but then gave approval later. I was very fortunate in that once a flight is cancelled you're forced to rebook to the same flight.

Once i was cancelled i was lucky to get a seat on July 19, the next available was August 2. A herioc Aadvantage agent got me rebooked when the flight was uncancelled.

The flight was super full.

Once I arrived, migraciones was easy (i'm a PR). Aduanas did want to chat about the contents of some of my bags. I played the stupid yankee card and got through without too much trouble. Really the problem is I work with computers and usually carry a personal computer and work computer. Takes some explaining why I do that.

Once i got through migraciones/aduanas i headed to get the nasal rapid antigen test.

30 minutes of waiting later and i could escape the airport. I did see someone led away with a positive result.

The declaracion jurada is asking for vaccine cards if you chose to vaccinate abroad.

I'm now holed up in one of our vacation rentals for the next 7 days at which i will leave to get a PCR test which will mean i can rejoin my family.

Hope this helps anyone else.

yeah, seems that way but for now i'm gonna hold my ticket for the 25th and see if anything opens up in a few days that's confirmed.
hold your ticket on a confirmed flight. American was overbooked in coach. If your confirmed ticket was Premium Economy or Business, you're guaranteed a seat as they don't overbook those cabins.

The next bet is will that flight be approved to fly. There's a huge backlog of people and not a lot of seats.

I'm looking at travelling to BA in November, anybody know what the situation may look like for a 90 day tourist visa by then? Surely they can't keep the place locked down for another year. Fully vaccinated UK national.

Also if someone could point me towards something official which keeps you up to date with this would be much appreciated.

I'm looking at travelling to BA in November, anybody know what the situation may look like for a 90 day tourist visa by then? Surely they can't keep the place locked down for another year. Fully vaccinated UK national.

Also if someone could point me towards something official which keeps you up to date with this would be much appreciated.
You will find out here.. highly unlikely tourism will be allowed for a long time.. Maybe next year. They aren't even letting family members in at the moment

Back