Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

I don't even want to imagine Argentina trying to implement hotel quarantine - dear help me god lol...

They had hotel quarantine at the start of the pandemic for the first few repatriation flights after the borders closed.

I travel back on the 1st of April hoping they don’t bring it in before then!

One of the best ways is to have a steep exit tax. I am shocked to see planes full of babies and kids whole family tree traveling in planes as if nothing has happened. Strangely, the air tickets are also v v cheap right now. Last few planes were absolutely 100% full mostly with families traveling with the whole family tree. A fine of 500 USD per exit and per entry would do the trick and possibly fill the government coffers.

I don't even want to imagine Argentina trying to implement hotel quarantine - dear help me god lol...

They had it for awhile at govt. expense. I heard it was terrible. If they reimplement it and expect passengers to pay, how can they be sure they will get paid?

They had it for awhile at govt. expense. I heard it was terrible. If they reimplement it and expect passengers to pay, how can they be sure they will get paid?
In other countries where it is done, the passenger incurs a debt with the government in the first instance who then pays or guarantees the hotels.
If the passenger can’t pay at the hotel (or online prior to arrival) then they will be paying back the government with interest until the debt is settled. Most countries with this system also have relief available for those traveling for exceptional reasons and without financial resources.
Some countries go further and don’t permit a passenger to board a flight until they have their quarantine hotel confirmed and paid in advance, citizen or not.

I remember seeing the stories of the food provided at those quarantine hotels here...looked like one must have a good appetite for dry milanesas with mashed potatoes and sugary juice boxes.

Last edited:
I don't see how they could collect the money in Argentina. The government would get stuck with many bills. Anyway it's too late to try something like this, even if it paid for itself.

I know a few people who ended up in a hotel back when the lockdown started. The first happened during the first wave of people and she had a nice hotel. It went downhill fast for the other people I know and it was not a good experience by all account.

Anyone have a clue as to when USA tourists may be allowed in? Especially those who've been vaccinated. Thanks!

Anyone have a clue as to when USA tourists may be allowed in? Especially those who've been vaccinated. Thanks!
The current health emergency has been extended by the president until the 31DEC 2021. The current restrictions on foreigners continue to be extended. The only recent talk about allowing foreign tourists in 2021 is to re-enable tourism from residents of neighboring countries in the later part of the year as we saw for a brief moment in 2020. All talk at the moment is focused on even harsher border controls and restrictions from all countries where new strains of the virus exist, including the US. Hence, US tourists vaccinated or not are simply not on the radar for 2021.

It could change like anything in this country, but absolutely no clear and present signs from the government to suggest it will.

I know a few people who ended up in a hotel back when the lockdown started. The first happened during the first wave of people and she had a nice hotel. It went downhill fast for the other people I know and it was not a good experience by all account.

I know of one who came back from Italy and had a nightmare experience. The only positive aspect was some nice hotel employees. I also know someone who returned to Malaysia from a business trip and was quarantined in a hotel room without a window. He was going out of his mind. Could such a thing happen in Argentina?

Back