Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

Nicanor Santilli, 17, the son of Diego Santilli, vice chief of the Buenos Aires government, and journalist Nancy Pazos, was one of the students who returned infected from Mexico . He studies at St John's and they had him swabbed on Tuesday, March 9, to return to Argentina on Thursday, March 11. Although he noticed that he had symptoms before getting on the plane back, the hotel doctor diagnosed him with angina and he traveled the same.

“He was there with a fever and body ache. They swabbed him and he tested negative, then he went to the doctor and they told him he had tonsillitis, gave him an antipyretic and got on the plane. The boys were charged $ 100 for swabs in Mexico. When they arrived in Ezeiza, they swabbed at the posts set up by the city government and tested positive. So far, of the 65 who traveled, 21 tested positive, ”Pazos told LA NACION .

Another prominent name on the list of students was Agustín Riquelme, son of Juan Román Riquelme , the idol and today leader of Boca Juniors. Agustín traveled with infected companions from Cancun to Buenos Aires. Although he should have been isolated, on Sunday he was seen without a chinstrap at the Boca stadium watching the Superclásico.

In the DDJJ all travellers need to declare if they have recently had or have fever and body ache, regardless of any "test" result.
The more this story develops, the more it determines the next round of travel measures yet to be publicised by the government.

Unless they suspend every flight, close every sea and road crossing, this sort of thing will still happen. It does look as though the government might impose more restrictions - for awhile anyway. We shall see.

My life and just about every other person's life on this planet has been disrupted by CV19.

I would guess the only people who haven't been affected and interrupted are those who are strong introverts, antisocial types who prefer to remain isolated in their homes even during the best of times.

I certainly respect another person's right to act and do as they please even if it means hunkering down to ride it all out. But, I for one am quite tired of it all and I no longer care to participate in this behavior anymore even though I know I must.

I would have rather the virus ran rampant through the population of the earth, taking the lives of those whose immune systems were not up to the task and simply continued living my life, doing my things.

Call me a bad person if you want, but I am not alone on this one.

The current health emergency has been extended by the president until the 31DEC 2021. The current restrictions on foreigners continue to be extended. The only recent talk about allowing foreign tourists in 2021 is to re-enable tourism from residents of neighboring countries in the later part of the year as we saw for a brief moment in 2020. All talk at the moment is focused on even harsher border controls and restrictions from all countries where new strains of the virus exist, including the US. Hence, US tourists vaccinated or not are simply not on the radar for 2021.

It could change like anything in this country, but absolutely no clear and present signs from the government to suggest it will.
Thanks for the update. Good thing we enjoy Mexico City! And perhaps Spain will get its act together and accept some sort of Vaccine Passport this summer.

these morons are claiming now that PCRs outside the country can't be trusted and are faked. unbelievable.

these morons are claiming now that PCRs outside the country can't be trusted and are faked. unbelievable.
It's a function of the whole mess... How can anyone know if the tests they are doing are valid - no one sits and watch them perform the test... I have no faith the ones in Argentina would be valid either considering sanitary conditions at the airport etc

Reading between the lines it looks like they’ll put a ban on travel for egresados and increase checks that people who are supposed to be quarantining are doing what they say they are.
They probably know that they can’t manage to do a hotel quarantine.
Hopefully that will calm the mob enough for me to get home anyway.

What do you mean by egresados? When you say home you mean Argentina?

My life and just about every other person's life on this planet has been disrupted by CV19.

I would guess the only people who haven't been affected and interrupted are those who are strong introverts, antisocial types who prefer to remain isolated in their homes even during the best of times.

I certainly respect another person's right to act and do as they please even if it means hunkering down to ride it all out. But, I for one am quite tired of it all and I no longer care to participate in this behavior anymore even though I know I must.

I would have rather the virus ran rampant through the population of the earth, taking the lives of those whose immune systems were not up to the task and simply continued living my life, doing my things.

Call me a bad person if you want, but I am not alone on this one.

OK......besides being incredibly selfish.....what if your own immune system isn't up to the task ?.....p.s......it's referred to as social responsibility, and it is respected in civilized cultures.

I live in Argentina, permanent resident, but am in the US now, came to be vaccinated. Paid only $600 for round trip airfare. I was thinking of returning to Argentina before the second dose because airfares are still so low and because it's so expensive to rent a car for a month ($1100) and just be here in general.

When I was leaving Argentina, in Ezezia the immigration officer asked me why I was traveling and if I was an essential worker. I had never been asked before why I was leaving. My question is if I return to Argentina now and then try to leave again in three weeks to return to the States, is there a chance I won't be allowed to leave Argentina? Any opinions on that?

Back