Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

If you, or others want to live YOUR LIVES IN FEAR ...
Why don't you exercise your right to stand in front of a running train? Don't live your life in fear!

Otherwise it is just a cheap bravado, while knowing that you are reasonably protected by the society anyway.

Coming back on subject (another thread exists to discuss whether or not one should be vaccinated)....
I agree....for those not aware, the title of the thread is: Why I am not planning on taking the vaccine any time soon, if ever.

Why wouldn't you be allowed to leave? The only risk would seem to be the closing of the borders and cancellaion of all flights. Even at the peak of thr pandemic there were repatriaation flights for US citizens.
I asked that because there has been lots of talk of them making it more difficult or less attractive for folks to leave and return, but maybe the better question would have been, if I return to Arg now and then again in four weeks, will they let me back in, given that I have been in and out a couple of times in a short period of time. I know that probably sounds paranoid but you never know...

Last edited:
I asked that because there has been lots of talk of them making it more difficult or less attractive for folks to leave and return, but maybe the better question would have been, if I return to Arg now and then again in four weeks, will they let me back in, given that I have been in and out a couple of times in a short period of time. I know that probably sounds paranoid but you never know...
IMO - At worst you could come back and be forced to spend a few weeks in a hotel quarantine or find flights rescheduled and it harder and/ or more expensive to find a seat or get where you’re going.

While we did see almost complete border closures last year making it difficult for citizens and residents to enter, I think that possibility is generally quite remote (however wouldn’t rule out some closure or restriction with Brazil etc if more “Manaus cases” keep seeping in)

Well, the president just interrupted TV with a surprise announcement to say... well nothing, other than we are coming up against a second wave and the biggest threat is people travelling overseas and bringing back new strains that Argentina may not be able to handle. There was an outright condemnation of anyone who travels overseas. Plus talk of not having enough vaccines because of the international community etc etc etc. No specific measures were actually announced but unless it was shameless propaganda, I would take it as an ominous sign or pre-justification about their plans for the borders. It is just a matter of time and circumstance to actually implement something.

For context, we have not seen Alberto make these kinds of televised public addresses since the height of the first wave last year.

Another fake PCR certificate story, this time in Paraguay resulting in 3 Argentines being detained.

Today the minister of health is “evaluating new measures” together with the provinces. This includes measures such as hotel quarantine. An announcement is expected today around 16:00.

From the press conference:
  • Foreign tourists will remain banned
  • Government together with local authorities will intensify physical checks on those returning from abroad to ensure they remain isolated and quarantined (at home!) - regardless of PCR test result
  • Government discourages people from traveling abroad except for essential reasons
  • Second wave of infection is imminent

From the press conference:
  • Foreign tourists will remain banned
  • Government together with local authorities will intensify physical checks on those returning from abroad to ensure they remain isolated and quarantined (at home!) - regardless of PCR test result
  • Government discourages people from traveling abroad except for essential reasons
  • Second wave of infection is imminent
Why not just ban tourism outright? No one should be going to Cancun etc lol Brazil arrivals should require local PCR test on arrival as well.

Well, the president just interrupted TV with a surprise announcement to say... well nothing....<snip> No specific measures were actually announced but unless it was shameless propaganda...... <snip>

For context, we have not seen Alberto make these kinds of televised public addresses since the height of the first wave last year.

My sources tell me that at the precise time the leader was using his presidential prerogative to suspend normal broadcast scheduling and replace it with a Presidential Address, all the broadcast media OB units were focussed on a live book launch by a recent former President. Coincidence, I'm sure.

Why not just ban tourism outright? No one should be going to Cancun etc lol Brazil arrivals should require local PCR test on arrival as well.
Why doesn’t Argentina simply close all borders/airports, curl into a ball, and hibernate until all this very bad stuff goes away? Then awaken, and ask the IMF for a big fat handout.

Back