Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

when i checked my flight with latam for 6 oct from AEP to GRU, it said canceled. I called latam and the agent said flight is still on and that they have added between 2 and 3 flights out of AEP to GRU every day starting oct 4. But all seats are still blocked. Let's see what happens...
Lies! Jaja. The Argentine government is being ridiculous. They gave Latam only 2 flights a week, Friday and Sunday.
Obviously my flight on Oct 6 was canceled and I managed to get rebooked for Oct 8. Totally screwed my plans but thankfully my domestic flight I had for the following week is with Azul and they are very flexible with canceling a reservation and using the total value of the ticket toward another trip...so it worked fine.

what flight are u on? if your flight operated this past sunday it will be approved...
They just approved American Airlines flights for the next two weeks. I'm ok but waiting till the last minute is really insane. Actually, I booked this flight according to what had been approved last month.

Thanks to all for the updated intel. We were hoping to finally come in late December, but I see the whole system is still full of shenanigans. No need to give them my money only for them to cancel and then give me a "credit" that's a nightmare to use.

As of 01NOV the "cupo" of limit on how many passengers can enter the country each day will disappear.
This should mean that airlines operating to and from approved destinations should be able to operated as they wish according to their usual schedules.

As of 01NOV the "cupo" of limit on how many passengers can enter the country each day will disappear.
This should mean that airlines operating to and from approved destinations should be able to operated as they wish according to their usual schedules.

If you or anyone sees an actual increase in flight schedules to/from the US, please keep us posted!

Wonder if the limit will be gone but the need for authorization on a biweekly basis will remain...?
Excellent question. ANAC did not authorize my flight for Oct 14th. Last night I received the email from Avianca of the cancellation. I re-scheduled for Nov. 15th having that same question in mind.

The current authorisations simply regulate landing slots and capacity on each flight so that there are not too many arrivals occurring at the same time.
I would imagine that if anything there would be a list of permitted and not permitted destinations (for example, UK flights may remain banned)
The current rules and authorisations apply until the end of OCT.

One thing to be aware of is that it takes time to sell flights, so just because airlines may be free to operate more flights as of 01NOV it does not mean that they will from day one. Some may have a more gradual ramp up of frequencies and operations.

Let's see if a sudden boom in capacity and drop in prices sees an exodus of pent-up outbound Argentine tourists and their precious dollars that triggers concern for the government and central bank... anything could happen yet... new strains of covid could cause a problem.

looks like american airlines is overbooking flights. my flight to JFK has offers between $600-1200 for voluntary bumpers

Back