Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

Just read in Perfil that the pcr test in Ezezia will cost 2480 pesos and the results will be known in 15-20 minutes. That is a correction to what I had understood earlier: that the results would not be immediate, that you could go home and your contactos estrechos (which I interpreted as household) would have to go with you to the hotel for the quarantine, in the event of a positive test result. I guess if the results are inmediate, your contactos estrechos would be the people you had been traveling with. Not sure about that. They also mentioned that a private lab has set up testing there and it will cost 4100 and the results will be available in 2 hours. I guess that's for folks leaving the country that need a pcr.

Well efective March 29th. no more flights .._ no more PCR test

Just got more info from an article in Clarin: the first test they do upon arrival is a antigens test which costs 2.500. It's a nasal swab. If you test positive, the private company that I mentioned above does a pcr test to determine variant type, which costs 4.100 and also is a nasal swab. Today it was taking people about an hour to get the antigens test and get their results.

From Monday all international “scheduled” flights are “unscheduled”. They will instead be permitted to operate as “special” flights according to a government mandated schedule - kind of like we saw back in 2020.

With the exception of the above said destinations there should in practice be no big changes to remaining routes for now other than arrival and departure times. It does however mean that the government can more quickly turn on and off certain flights as it wishes, creating greater uncertainty for travelers of being able to depart or return as planned.

Can someone please give me an update on the current testing, quarantine and other requirements for an April trip from EZE to Chicago?

Can someone please give me an update on the current testing, quarantine and other requirements for an April trip from EZE to Chicago?
Im also looking at heading to Chicago in the next week or so. I understand we need to get a PCR test done within 3 days of boarding our flight. It seems like otherwise there aren't many restrictions.

Does anyone know if breaking up the flights on the reservation would have any negative impact? For example, we need to go to Chicago and this need to connect through with MIA, DFW, or JFK on AA. If we book EZE-MIA and then another flight MIA-ORD is that going to cause us problems as opposed to booking it all on on reservation?

Just got more info from an article in Clarin: the first test they do upon arrival is a antigens test which costs 2.500. It's a nasal swab. If you test positive, the private company that I mentioned above does a pcr test to determine variant type, which costs 4.100 and also is a nasal swab. Today it was taking people about an hour to get the antigens test and get their results.

That sounds like a perverse incentive for a bunch of false positives for that private company.

I understand why the government is doing it though, after all the reports of people getting fake tests to enter.

Im also looking at heading to Chicago in the next week or so. I understand we need to get a PCR test done within 3 days of boarding our flight. It seems like otherwise there aren't many restrictions.

Does anyone know if breaking up the flights on the reservation would have any negative impact? For example, we need to go to Chicago and this need to connect through with MIA, DFW, or JFK on AA. If we book EZE-MIA and then another flight MIA-ORD is that going to cause us problems as opposed to booking it all on on reservation?
It should not, you are flying within the US. You need the the negative test to enter and board the plane. I think the US accepts negative antibody test as well, so no need for a PCR. Might want to check.

Back