Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

If I'm understanding that correctly, Argentines can now travel to Spain as long as they are fully vaccinated (the exception is the Sputnik vaccine which has not yet been approved in the EU).

Any information on flights to Spain?

Another way to get to Spain is via Colombia, Avianca have had 1-2 flights per week authorized in August.

How far in advance are flights being approved? I’m supposed to be flying home via Paris on the 7th of September. Last time I got as far as Paris and noticed there was no flight!

Edit - Just saw the article in La Nación. Looks like it’s not on the list. There’s also nothing from Lufthansa any more?

Last edited:
How far in advance are flights being approved?
I think basically from DNU to DNU. There's a summary here: https://www.sirchandler.com.ar/2021/08/resumen-de-los-vuelos-para-todo-septiembre/
And as you see, Lufthansa is marked "pendiente".

A colleague has been stuck in Spain for several weeks now and will only be able to fly back mid-September, so it does seem to be more difficult to get to Argentina from Europe.

I don't think the passenger limits per plane are being strictly applied, the Avianca plane to Ezeiza I was on can take 244 passengers in Economy, and there were maybe 20 empty seats, where the maximum was supposed to be 170 passengers.

How far in advance are flights being approved? I’m supposed to be flying home via Paris on the 7th of September. Last time I got as far as Paris and noticed there was no flight!
I suppose you are flying AirFrance/KLM. So am I (via Amsterdam). I had a rescheduled flight for September 2, and yesterday late in the day my travel agent informed me that my flight was cancelled. I called her this morning to discuss my options - she said she could put me on the 8/31 flight but later flights were "visibile" only until Sept. 11 and all full. She also said that future flights had two stop-overs because from Amsterdam you'd have to go to Paris and then fly Paris to Buenos Aires. I was under the impression that all KLM/AirFrance passengers were re-routed on the Paris-BsAs route, whereas a few hours later, as the day begun in Argentina, La Nación published two authorised flights per week from Amsterdam to Buenos Aires.
I was upset - either my travel agent had old news, or the government didn't realize that also KLM is prepping to leave the country.

I remember that when the restrictions were announced on June 26, 2021, a few weeks later KLM announced they stopped selling tickets to Buenos Aires. Back then, I took it as a positive sign since any authorised flight would have a lot of empty seats, whereas yesterday it seemed they were preparing to leave the AMS-EZE route. I am confused by LN article.

I am scrambling to make it to my 8/31 flight. I'd rather have one stop-over because it is already a long flight that way.

you might be better off flying to the USA (eg miami) then flying to ARG.

I had an email today to say my flight is cancelled. Travel agent is looking at alternatives. Not sure USA is an option but will look in to it.

Back