Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

KLM. I arrived yesterday and my flight was 97% full. It took me 1h 45' to leave the airport, all in all. The first part (passport control, baggage collection, baggage scanning was done in 45'). The testing took the longest. You can have a coffee while you wait for the results.
What country where you coming from???…and do you still have to do the 14 day quarantine thing after arriving in BA?…

At least on one occasion, Fiscal was denied entry at the border because he orchestrated for that to happen so that he would have an excuse for not being with the mother of his child. But that's another story.

At least on one occasion, Fiscal was denied entry at the border because he orchestrated for that to happen so that he would have an excuse for not being with the mother of his child. But that's another story.
Regardless of motive, wasn't he actually denied entry into the country because he did not have residency, or at the least, a precaria (in his case, based on parenthood)?

Regardless of motive, wasn't he actually denied entry into the country because he did not have residency, or at the least, a precaria (in his case based on ´parenthood)?
I only remember the more colorful part of the famous scheme.

Getting back to the subject of entry...which of course must be accomplished before an extension of yout stay...

If I remember correctly, even though he is the father of an Argentine child I, believe Fiscal was denied entry twice since the entry restrictions began. I think the first time was when tryong to enter with the child (who I imagine had a DNI) and the mother and (I beleive) a second time when trying to enter alone with the child's birth certificate.

If that information is correct, the point is that he was not able to enter with only the paperwork proving the (familiar) relationship. He was finally able to enter with a precaria which he may have applied for at an Argenntine consulate. So, regardlesss how you actually get to the border of Argentina from Australia, I don't think you will be granted entry without a precaria...which you may be able to get prior to travel by providing the required paperwork proving your relationship.
Hi yes i guess my question is even with a precaria, does the 90 day maximum rule still apply. Also we are flying to Spain first then to Argentina.

Hi all, looking for some advice, I (australian) am landing with my Argentinian partner in October 2021, we will get the relevant paperwork ready proving our relationship etc.. my question is the 90 day rule, do you think its easier just having a return flight booked within 90 days, and work out any extension after arrival, planning on staying closer to 4 months and getting married whilst there. thanks everyone
Are you sure you're coming in October?

If you have the precaria it means your dni is in process and you can enter. You just ha e to make sure you keep renewing the precaria until your dni is granted

What exactly are you asking? Are you asking whether or not to buy a return ticket? You plan to enter in October and stay for more than the usual 90 days they grant you on arrival. If you were leaving from Australia (which obviously you can't be at the moment, at least not on a direct flight), in normal times, regardless of what you may have booked, unless you have Argentine residency documentation the airline staff would not let you board unless you could present a return ticket or an onward ticket out of Argentina dated less than 90 days in the future. In these current times (and presuming you are arriving to Argentina from a third country) that may or may not apply.
Thanks yeh it’s that last part i want to avoid issues with. I have a return ticket but it’s more than 3 months after arrival. We have an exemption to leave Australia, and are now working through the paper work (my partner is handling it and I think it’s the precaria thing) to be allowed into Argentina. I’m thinking to minimise issues on arrival, whether to buy a return flight (or any flight out of Argentina) within 90 days to show to the airline/border officers.
, even though the plan is to stay longer. But yeh I’m unsure if that is necessary with a precaria.

Last edited:
Thanks yeh it’s that last part i want to avoid issues with. I have a return ticket but it’s more than 3 months after arrival. We have an exemption to leave Australia, and are now working through the paper work (my partner is handling it and I think it’s the precaria thing) to be allowed into Argentina. I’m thinking to minimise issues on arrival, I would just have the return flight (or any flight really out of Argentina booked) within 90 days, even though the plan is to stay longer. But yeh I’m unsure if that is necessary.
I take it from your reply that you are not really across the precaria thing at all (your partner is dealing with it). Others may comment on it, but from where I sit, it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Given that your final leg is from Spain it may well not be a problem at all. But certainly, before the pandemic, leaving on a direct flight to Argentina you would have managed the problem by buying a return ticket with the return leg WITHIN the 90 days. That would have got you out of the problem of being unable to board the flight in Australia (in recent years, pre-pandemic, I always had to show that I either had a residency document (a precaria in fact, sufficed) or had an onward ticket within 90 days). You would have then extended your stay officially (or simply overstayed) and, after arriving, moved your flight to a later date. You may have still have the problem coming in from Spain, but I don't know. Others seem to be saying your bigger problem may be getting through the gate here when you land. They will advise no doubt.

What country where you coming from???…and do you still have to do the 14 day quarantine thing after arriving in BA?…
Italy via Amsterdam. Yes, I have to do a 7 day quarantine and then a free PCR test whose results take from 24 to 72 hours. After that, I am free to roam.

So far, it's been 32 hours since my test and still no results.

Italy via Amsterdam. Yes, I have to do a 7 day quarantine and then a free PCR test whose results take from 24 to 72 hours. After that, I am free to roam.

So far, it's been 32 hours since my test and still no results.
It took about a day and a half for ours to become available (well, somehow they managed to lose my result, even though I had the certificate and sent it to the regresoba email they still sent someone around to check on me). So it’s not very efficient.

Back