Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

I'm glad to hear it sounds like fully vaccinated tourists have indeed been allowed to enter from November 1. Any stories to the contrary out there? Also, do tourists still have to show proof that their health insurance covers covid? I called my insurance carrier and they said they have never had that request, so they don't have specific documentation that states that covid is covered (even though it is). Anyone else have to deal with this issue and how did you prove coverage?
I asked my insurance to write a letter stating it was covered. I uploaded the letter to the DDJJ

I was able to print a certificate of coverage online with cigna

8 Nov 2021
U.S. will accept travelers vaccinated with combination formulations, but only if all are approved by WHO. The U.S. gov't on Monday adopted new rules for international travelers authorizing the entry of people immunized with Moderna, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Covaxin, Covishield, Sinopharm or Sinovac with the requirement for a full vaccination for non-resident visitors and a PCR test. Persons who received a first vaccine of Sputnik V and a second of another approved formulation will still not meet the requirements.

Also indicated that booster doses are not included in the requirements, while the efficacy and duration of immunity provided by the vaccines is still being studied. In addition, ruled out for the moment authorizing the entry of people with "natural immunity" after infection and who are not vaccinated....The Department of Homeland Security has warned that it expects "the increased volume of travelers to result in longer wait times at customs" and recommends having documents on hand and showing "patience," it said in a statement released last week.

My parents just arrived in Bariloche. They can report that the arrival at EZE has never been faster and in a couple of hours they were at Jorge Newberry. My dad’s biggest complaint was that the nice cafeteria at Jorge has been replaced by a Starbucks. He is not a fan! Sorry. Apparently there wasn’t anyone to clear off the tables. That is one of my favorite pet peeves as well so the apple doesn’t fall very far from the tree.

10 Nov 2021
The Gov't relaxed the requirements for foreigners entering the country. Today, the National Ministry of Health announced the requirements that foreigners must present in order to enter the country. Through a resolution published today in the Boletin Oficial, it exempts sportsmen, diplomats and nonresident aliens traveling for "work, business, study or training" purposes from presenting a complete vaccination certificate. As well as "direct relatives of Argentineans or residents in the country who travel for family visits and who state that they do not have a complete vaccination schedule according to the criteria established by the country of origin". The resolution establishes that they must be children, parents, spouses or cohabitants of Argentineans or residents and provide the corresponding documentation. Those "foreigners who are granted a visa in permanent or temporary migratory categories, who state that they do not have a complete vaccination schedule according to the criteria established by the country of origin" may also appeal to this resource.

The only requirement is that they must have had one inoculation 14 days prior to entering the country. If so, they may apply to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worshi
p (Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores, Comercio Internacional y Culto) for a one-time consular certification that, as holders of such accreditation, they are exempt from the restriction on entry into the country. Likewise, the resolution indicates that those requests that invoke health reasons will be immediately evaluated by the Ministry of Health, any other exceptional circumstances or requests of a general or particular nature not contemplated will have to detail the migratory situation of the person or persons who initiate the request.

I am so confused! I am traveling to Buenos Aires in 10 days. Let’s see if I have this right…I have a US passport, I have an Argentine DNI (extranjero) so to enter the country I will need a PCR test taken 72 hours before my flight, I need to fill out a Declaración Jurada 48 hours before entering the country, and proof in COVID insurance. Is that correct? A few questions - is my medicare insurance card proof if insurance? When I fill out the Declaración Jurada do I use my US passport info or my DNI info? Thanks in advance for any help.

Back