Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

I am so confused! I am traveling to Buenos Aires in 10 days. Let’s see if I have this right…I have a US passport, I have an Argentine DNI (extranjero) so to enter the country I will need a PCR test taken 72 hours before my flight, I need to fill out a Declaración Jurada 48 hours before entering the country, and proof in COVID insurance. Is that correct? A few questions - is my medicare insurance card proof if insurance? When I fill out the Declaración Jurada do I use my US passport info or my DNI info? Thanks in advance for any help.
If you use your DNI for the DDJJ you are not required to upload insurance as it does not apply to citizens or residents

Is an insurance policy required for entry into Argentina now? Covid test from walmart ok? thank you.

Question about unvaccinated travelers. It looks like it's possible to travel to Argentina as long as a negative covid test result is obtained 24 hours prior to travel and a 7-day quarantine is required upon arrival. Have any unvaxed travelers entered Argentina recently; what was the process like?

Google translate

USA EMBASSY ARGENTINA
Home / Blog / Information about COVID-19
Information on COVID-19

Last updated: 11/09/21

*** As of November 8, 2021 all passengers on flights to the United States who are not immigrants or are not US citizens must have a complete vaccination schedule before boarding a flight to the US Also Documentation proving your full vaccination schedule will be requested prior to boarding a flight to the US.

US Citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) who meet the requirements to travel but are not vaccinated must submit a negative test of COVID-19 one (1) day before boarding the flight to the US.

US citizens and legal permanent residents (LPRs) who have the complete vaccination schedule must prove their vaccination schedule to the airline and must also submit a negative COVID-19 test taken 3 days prior to boarding the flight.

Question about unvaccinated travelers. It looks like it's possible to travel to Argentina as long as a negative covid test result is obtained 24 hours prior to travel and a 7-day quarantine is required upon arrival. Have any unvaxed travelers entered Argentina recently; what was the process like?
if you are argentine citizen or resident yes -- you can opt for a quarantine. If you are coming as a tourist NO. They make exceptions in some specific cases but not for tourists.

if you are argentine citizen or resident yes -- you can opt for a quarantine. If you are coming as a tourist NO. They make exceptions in some specific cases but not for tourists.
Thanks. A lot of conflicting information out there. My travel partner based in BUE is telling potential travelers that unvaxxed can travel but must quarantine:

"Adults who have not been vaccinated may also enter the country, but they must undergo a 7-day quarantine and take an additional PCR test on the 7th day."

And the US website is vague:

"U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) who are eligible to travel but are not fully vaccinated will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test one (1) day before their flight. U.S citizens and LPRs who are fully vaccinated will need to present airlines with proof of vaccination and of a negative COVID-19 test three (3) days before their flight. "

I am unable to find what is defined as "eligible travel".

My parents travelled on 9th November. When they filled out the paperwork with their TWO Astra Zeneca vaccines it came out as “not fully vaccinated”.
They were allowed to enter no problem and when they arrived at their destination, Provincia Neuquen, they got an email from the region. It stated that if you’re unvaccinated you’d have to self isolate until the negative PCR at 5 to 7 days.
My parents decided to isolate anyways since they shared a JetSmart flight with two bus loads of Egresados heading to Bariloche. (Or maybe they just wanted to relax for a week with me doing all the shopping for them.)
We have been having lunch out in the garden together because it’s too hard not to see them now that they are actually here.

Thanks. A lot of conflicting information out there. My travel partner based in BUE is telling potential travelers that unvaxxed can travel but must quarantine:

"Adults who have not been vaccinated may also enter the country, but they must undergo a 7-day quarantine and take an additional PCR test on the 7th day."

And the US website is vague:

"U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) who are eligible to travel but are not fully vaccinated will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test one (1) day before their flight. U.S citizens and LPRs who are fully vaccinated will need to present airlines with proof of vaccination and of a negative COVID-19 test three (3) days before their flight. "

I am unable to find what is defined as "eligible travel".
Family members of Argentines or residents, people traveling on business, sport events etc. can travel unvaxxed but tourists cannot.

Back