Reflections On Crime.

Situational awareness is your best first line of defense. Keep that radar on and scanning at all times. Second line of defense is not being too embarrassed/shocked to run/scream like your life depends on it (it might). Third line of defense is knowing how to defuse and de-escalate, and that $100AR or your cell phone / laptop aren't worth your life. Fourth line of defense is knowing how, and being willing. to really hurt another human being.

Notice that hoping for the police to intervene isn't in this list.

Malba is very close to villa 32 II wich entrance is at salguero and the railroad.

Last night was my first encounter with crime... not direct. I was having a smoke on my balcony (Mario Bravo and Gorriti) and I witnessed two guys on a motorcycle pulling up to a parked car, smashing the window and stealing something from inside... I yelled out but they didn't even pay attentions. The whole think too about one to two minutes.

I have been here for over 5 months and never witnessed a single incident... shame that my final month here I have been exposed to this garbage.

Back