Refried Beans in cans?

I'm with theglow--I do the same at CBC--you can get a veggie burrito for 20 pesos as well. Love that place.

I was just in the DISCO at the corner of Las Heras & Republica Arabe de Siria (man that's a mouthful) across from the Jardin Botanico.

There were short, but fat cans of that El Paso brand of Refried Black Beans.

~AR$8.50/can.

OK, I wasn't just in there, it was last Friday or Saturday, December 17th or 18th.

I have found Rosarita refried beans in the Walmart on Av Constituyentes and the one in Dot Baires. In Barrio Chino there are always La Costeña brand refried beans available.

Yesterday, as I was hording supplies for a TexMex Christmas Eve dinner, I bought refried beans at the Carrefour in Paseo Alcorta mall.

They were refried beans and were with the Taco Shells, the wheat flour tortillas, the salsas, the jalapeño slices in a jar, the taco flavoring MSG-filled packets, and all other Mexi-stuff.

The beans were "CASA FIESTA" brand no fat all natural beans, but they also had ORTEGA brand products including refried beans that I think had some fat in them for authentic goodness if that's what you prefer.

suerte

Hi,

You can find those beans, taco seasoning, taco shells, and tortillas in a shop on Av. Corrientes & Aguero.

Enjoy!

hi i just bought some in carrefour in paseo alcorta last week they had many cans of them
buen provecho

There are always mexican products in Jumbo, at least here in Pilar, you can find all kind and american products, but just few, like campbells soup

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. I think that there was a brief draught (as can happen here) but refried beans in the can seem to be back (for NOW! dun dun dunnnn). :) Yay!

The price of a 16 oz. can of Rosario refried beans actually dropped to $7 pesos last week at walmart (it had recently increased from $6.00 to $8.06). There was still a good supply of vegetarian and no fat but only a few cans of the black bean variety.

The store has eliminated the imported foods display and now the various products are scattered throughout the shelves. Nonetheless, it was easy to find the beans near the almost endless rows of canned corn and peas. I did not search of the four dollar cans of Campbell soup.

Back