Register My Marriage?

florence

Registered
I am a U.S. citizen with permanent residency (rentista) in Argentina. I recently got married in the U.S. to an Argentine national. I am not interested in Argentine citizenship, and I already have residency, so is there any reason that we would want to inform the Argentine government that we are married? We informed the U.S, govt so he could get a green card, but we aren't planning to say anything to the Argentines. Would there be any benefit to registering here? If so, how would we do that? Thanks

hi Florence,

My husband (ex) and I are both born in Arg. We met and marry in Canada. We never succeed in making Arg recognize our marriage. It seems you need a Judge recognize it and the he ll ask the Registro Civil to do so.

There might be some advantages about legacy (herencia) but i´m a bit confused about it too.
As far as I know, the Arg law recognizes not-married couples (in Arg) as a half important as married couples and if you have things to heritate from each other it is convenient to register the marriage.

I think that if you validate your marriage here, the only benefit would be regarding inheritance in case you own properties or anything valuable.

Back