Renew rentist visa - whats the current procedure ?

davonz

Registered
Hi,
my rentist visa expires on 13th august, i have the paperwork for a renewal from arg embassy in NZ, has anyone renewed recently by going to immigration, what is the process, where do i go etc ? As it seems to change from reading previous posts..

I know i can leave the country and return, and hand over the envelope i was given by the NZ embassy at airport, and they stamp my passport again for another year and i am on my way within in 5 minutes.. Can the same be done if i go to colonia by ferry ?

thanks for any info in advance..
Davo

davonz said:
Hi,
my rentist visa expires on 13th august, i have the paperwork for a renewal from arg embassy in NZ, has anyone renewed recently by going to immigration, what is the process, where do i go etc ? As it seems to change from reading previous posts..

I know i can leave the country and return, and hand over the envelope i was given by the NZ embassy at airport, and they stamp my passport again for another year and i am on my way within in 5 minutes.. Can the same be done if i go to colonia by ferry ?

thanks for any info in advance..
Davo

Um... I'm confused. Didn't you go to immigrations with your paperwork when you arrived? Did you get the paper that says your visa was approved?

That's the same place you got to do the renewal.

I didnt go to immigration, i just handed in an envelope to the immigration guy at the airport that the embassy in NZ gave me, he put a 1 year stamp in my passport. Thats it. I have another evelope to hand in to immigration for the next year.

So where is the place you went ?

Are you sure that other envelope is for renewing the visa for the next year? I would guess -without seeing the envelope- that it is for the Registro Nacional de las Pesonas, to process your DNI.

Renewals are done at the Migraciones building, Av. Antartida Argentina 1355. You will need to prove you still maintain the source of income, and other paperwork (police records, address certificate, etc.). You must do this before your visa expires.

davonz said:
I didnt go to immigration, i just handed in an envelope to the immigration guy at the airport that the embassy in NZ gave me, he put a 1 year stamp in my passport. Thats it. I have another evelope to hand in to immigration for the next year.

So where is the place you went ?

I think you could have a bit of a problem.... You were supposed to take the second envelope to immigrations down in Retiro with a local police report and in our case the work contract. Then you would get final approval and you bring that to get your DNI. That's what we had to do.

hi, maybe i have stuffed it all up.. but i have just checked the envelope, and it says "con destino a la oficina seccional identificatoria" on the outside, and inside has everything the the first envelope had in it..

The embassy in NZ sent me an email before they couried the envelopes and it states:
"Furthermore, you will be receiving along with your pasport two envelopes. One of them has a subject which says (Para ser entregado a las Autoridades Migratorias com destino al Registro Nacional de las Personas). This envelope will be requested on arrival by personal from the Immigration Service. Inside it, we have enclosed your entry permit and one of the identification forms you signed in Auckland in front of the Consul. The other envelope s subject is (Con destino a la Oficina Seccional Identificatoria).
The latter one will have to be presented when extending your visa in Argentina whithin a year of living in the country. "

So i am guessing i only have to rock up to immigration somewhere in capital and get my visa renewed..

Am i correct in thinking this ?
Where do i go ?
Has it all changed since i got the stuff from the arg embassy in NZ just over a year ago ?

davonz said:
hi, maybe i have stuffed it all up.. but i have just checked the envelope, and it says "con destino a la oficina seccional identificatoria" on the outside, and inside has everything the the first envelope had in it..

The embassy in NZ sent me an email before they couried the envelopes and it states:
"Furthermore, you will be receiving along with your pasport two envelopes. One of them has a subject which says (Para ser entregado a las Autoridades Migratorias com destino al Registro Nacional de las Personas). This envelope will be requested on arrival by personal from the Immigration Service. Inside it, we have enclosed your entry permit and one of the identification forms you signed in Auckland in front of the Consul. The other envelope s subject is (Con destino a la Oficina Seccional Identificatoria).
The latter one will have to be presented when extending your visa in Argentina whithin a year of living in the country. "

So i am guessing i only have to rock up to immigration somewhere in capital and get my visa renewed..

Am i correct in thinking this ?
Where do i go ?
Has it all changed since i got the stuff from the arg embassy in NZ just over a year ago ?

Well, to be honest, I've never heard of it being done the way you describe. The way I stated is the way we did it. So, I'll just watch from now on.

I got a rentista visa from the consulate. I was given two envelopes like you were. One envelope was for immigration officials at EZE upon my arrival in Argentina. The other envelope was for DNI officials. I needed the second envelope to apply for a DNI. Without a DNI, i would not be able to open a bank account, and thus would not be able to transfer money to Argentina (as per the terms of my rentista visa). So without the bank account, i would not have been able to renew my rentista visa the next year.

As far as i know, this process of two envelopes; one for immigration and one for DNI, has not changed.

Have you been using a lawyer to help you with this? I highly highly recommend you use a lawyer. A good lawyer will make sure that these problems do not arise, and a good lawyer knows how to get legal processes to move much more quickly than you could on your own...

If you can afford it, i suggest you call ARCA. They will definitely be able to help you. www.argentinaresidency.com

When i read the posts on here regarding getting a visa it all seems so difficult compared to what i had to go through.. and i probably would have just not bothered applying if i had to put up with all the hassle some of the guys say they had to go through when they applied in their home countries.. So maybe it is easier for kiwis.. I will let you know what happens..

I never applied for a DNI - to much hassle from what i have read, and do i really need ?
Maybe i will apply this time.. but my spanish is crap and i have been waiting until it improves (i am going to spanish school so hopefully not to many months away).

Should i go as early as possible - as in the next week, or just the week before the current visa expires ?

steveinbsas said:
Did you ever get a DNI? Do you have an Argentine bank account showing "ingresos" for at least the past three months? Do you have documentation of you foreign income that is dated within the past six months? The requirements for renewal have not changed recently. It appears that you were simply unaware of them.

I think you need to go the the "prorrogas de permenencia" sector at the office on Antardida ASAP.

No i didnt get a DNI !
No i dont have a Arg bank account !
No i dont have documentation of foreign income for last 6 months !

The stamp the embassy put in my passport is a full page.. It says residencia visado: and 12 meses..

I have been in and out of the country maybe 4 times since i got this and never had a problem, so i guessed i didnt have to do anything else..

Back