Renewing A Dni Para Extranjeros

Thanks Joelie. I was trying to get this all done in a three-week visit over Christmas and was somewhat naively relying on the system described in the government websites to actually work. I'll certainly try what you suggest next time - no other option really!

http://baexpats.org/...es/page__st__60

#19.
Prórroga: To renew Temp. Res. each year, you ask for a "Prórroga turno",
Radicacion: To change Residency (Cambio de Categoria), from Temp. to Perm. OR from Tourist to Temp. Res. OR from Tourist to Perm. Res., you ask for a different turno: "Radicacion turno". .. (They will throw you out if you book the wrong turno).
Each Prórroga they´ll stamp your passport with ONE year. NO Precaria and NO photos. But, you´ll have to apply for and get the new DNI seperately yourself.
Each Radicacion they give you a Precaria, so you need to supply the fotos, and they will process the DNI for you seamlessly.

For online turno select:
.......Prórroga de Residencia option
not
...... DNI Para Extranjeros Ya Radicados/Passport Special Extranjeros

At Retiro: again ... Prórroga turno.

As a perm. res. living in GBA I was also going around in circles with this, because the governments web site often says no more turnos in a particular district, or excludes foreigners altogether.

Today I realised that by putting a zero infront of your 8 digit DNI number which should start with a 9, you can get into the system and book your turno. It knocks off the last number but all my data came up. The earliest turno was in June, but having already been to the local office and seen the chaos, I wasn't expecting a miracle.

Help.. What do you put for "Codigo de seguridad" in the "turno" request for new DNI ?

Well,I just made the online request today April 13 and got one for Wednesday 4/15 at 2:00 P.M. at Hipolito Irigoyen 952."Una joyita".works like a charm ! Now let's see how long it'll take to get the new DNI.

FYI. I went today with my "turno" and it was 1,2,3 ,got my fingerprints and pix taken,paid $35 and I was done in 20 minutes.Unbelievable for a tramite.They send it out to your address in one month.That end part I'll believe when I see it.

FYI. I went today with my "turno" and it was 1,2,3 ,got my fingerprints and pix taken,paid $35 and I was done in 20 minutes.Unbelievable for a tramite.They send it out to your address in one month.That end part I'll believe when I see it.

My process in December was pretty much the same. And I received it at my Argentine address mid to late January.

Guess you had the requred documents ready, Antecedentes and certificado de domicilio? I believed you had to provide the pix? Also where did you go ? What address?
Many thanks

Back