Renewing A Dni Para Extranjeros

Hi Rich One, Sounds like you haven't done this for a long time.No antecedentes or certificado de domicilio are needed..Just your present DNI para Extranjeros.However,the "Turno" is a must.No turno,no go. Getting it on line is a snap and they give you a choice of days and times.It goes by COMUNA.I live in COMUNA1 and went to Irigoyen 952 half a block in from C.Pelligrini.Simplly go to the MIGRACIONES website and follow the instructions for NUEVO DNI para EXTRANJEROS.They'll show you what you need.

Hi Rich One, Sounds like you haven't done this for a long time.No antecedentes or certificado de domicilio are needed..Just your present DNI para Extranjeros.However,the "Turno" is a must.No turno,no go. Getting it on line is a snap and they give you a choice of days and times.It goes by COMUNA.I live in COMUNA1 and went to Irigoyen 952 half a block in from C.Pelligrini.Simplly go to the MIGRACIONES website and follow the instructions for NUEVO DNI para EXTRANJEROS.They'll show you what you need.

Noesdeayer . Thanks a LOT. Renewing DNI para extranjeros means going from residencia Temporaria to Temporaria. The procedure when going from residencia Temporaria to Permanente?? is the same???

http://www.migracion...dni_extranjeros

Rich One, I thought you were only getting a new DNI para Extranjeros not going from Temporaria to Permanente.Check that out on the website as well or go in person to inquire.

Renewing DNI para extranjeros means going from residencia Temporaria to Temporaria. The procedure when going from residencia Temporaria to Permanente?? is the same???

The process of "renewing" a DNI has nothing to do with renewing a temporary resident visa OR changing the category (cambio de categoria) from temporary to permanent.

Renewing the DNI in this thread is about getting the NUEVO DNI (tarjeta with the microchip that can be used to track you?) and applies to those who originally were issued the little brown book type of DNI. I don't know if the NUEVO DNI for those with temporary residency must be replaced annually or if can be ectronically renewed. In the past. was necessary to have the little brown book updated (stamped in person) with each renewal.

I believe that the DNI is issued by (and "renewed" at) the Registro de las Personas after temporary or permanent residency is granted by Migraciones. When I first got my residency it was necessary to go to a different location (a dark and horrible place) to get the DNI.

Three years later, when I changed the category from temporary to permanent the "registro" was actually in a tent behind the "original" location of the office of migraciones, and even though it was in a tent, it was a great improvement from the previous location.

http://elpais.com/elpais/2015/04/21/inenglish/1429631446_618061.html

This pertains to Spain, but is/could Argentina be subject to the same kind issues?

Not sure if anyone has gone through this process recently. I live in the US, have a DNI viejo and will be back in Argentina in a couple of weeks and wanted to see about getting a DNI nuevo to avoid any problems down the line. I heard it was easy and straighforward, hopefully will still be when I go.

FYI, it took me forever to figure out how to get a turno, but I used a 0 in front of my número de DNI (starts with 9), and it worked. Thanks for the hint!!

I'm interested to know how this works out for you. I never got past the pedir turno stage as I didn't learn of the initial 0 trick until I was back in the UK. I'm particularly interested to know how far ahead is the turno date from when you request it on-line, and which Registro Civil (in GBA?) you use.

The other question is how long it takes to receive the document once you have completed all the trámites. Suerte!

I requested a turno yesterday and I believe there were spots for early next week. I chose closer to the end of the month though.

I will update as to how easy the process is once I'm there. I have no idea of how long it will take, I will be back in the US and will need to have someone eventually send me the DNI, but I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Unfortunately, when I showed up to 25 de mayo they turned me down for being an extranjera. I tried in provincia, as my address is not in Capital, but of course I got the run around there and decided to not pursue it...good luck to anyone attempting this. I wish I could share more tips, but unforutnately other than getting a turno I was unsuccessful!

emh - confusing. You are a permanent resident of Arg and you were just attempting to get the new DNI? So why would they turn you down for being an extranjera?

Back