Renewing A Dni Para Extranjeros

Once you get the appointment it's as easy as falling off a log.
If you have an existing DNI that is.
I was expecting to have to supply evidence of my change of address and all sorts of other gubbins but in the end all they wanted for the new card DNI was the old booklet which you get to keep for old times' sake anyway.
The new one arrived in less than a week.

I have an old DNI de extranjeros, with the bordó booklet. I have been a permanent resident for years, though am not currently living in Argentina. I was told to make an appointment at the 25 de mayo sede, which I did, but once there they said that they don't process DNIs for extranjeros, and that if I lived in Capital I should go to a different sede (don't recall which one, sorry!), but since I have my domicilio en provincia, I needed to do it in San Isidro. Once there I was given the run around as well, and didn't take the time to continue to try since it wasn't all that important to me. I figure I will eventually get it done, just mostly don't want to have to pay a recopricity fee when I go back in the next couple of years.

I guess my take away is to not make an appointment at 25 de mayo branch, and good luck if you live in Provincia?

...I needed to do it in San Isidro. Once there I was given the run around as well, and didn't take the time to continue to try since it wasn't all that important to me. I figure I will eventually get it done, just mostly don't want to have to pay a recopricity fee when I go back in the next couple of years.

I guess my take away is to not make an appointment at 25 de mayo branch, and good luck if you live in Provincia?

The first time I went to the registro in my jurisdiction to get the Nuevo DNI I was told that (as an extranjero) I had to go to the nearest office of migraciones. That was about two years ago. I went to that office and they told me they would have to get my file from BA. I paid $50 pesos for them to do so but never went back. About a year ago I returned to the same registro "just to check" if I still needed to go to migraciones or could get it there.

This time I made a point of telling the "man in the window" that I had permanent residency. He told me to return any day at about 7:30 AM to get in line early enough to get a same day turno to apply for my nuevo DNI (there were no online turnos here then) . I did and it was mailed to my house in almost exactly 30 days. When you "got the run around" I wonder if you made it clear that you have permanent residency.

If you " just mostly don't want to have to pay a reciprocity fee when (you) go back in the next couple of years" and you are still in BA (province) I suggest you return and insist on being told exactly what you must do to get your new DNI. Another member with the old booklet DNI posted that he/she was told (upon departure at EZE) that he/she would not be able to "get back in" (or reenter) without a Nuevo DNI. That was some time during one of the two extensions of the deadline to get the Nuevo DNI and it's probably still possible to renter with the old DNI. Eventually, however, the "last" extension will expire...

emh - confusing. You are a permanent resident of Arg and you were just attempting to get the new DNI? So why would they turn you down for being an extranjera?

Seems to be the case , Migrations remote locations like at Buquebus terminal can renew DNI and passports for Argentine citizens , not for foreign residents. In my XP.

I last departed EZE in January this year and was not told anything about not getting back in with my old style document.

My understanding is that foreign permanent residents can spend up to two years outside Argentina without compromising their status. This has nothing to with the DNI, but since the old-style document is no longer valid I imagine that it can't be used as evidence of permanent residence on re-entry, so the holder (like me) would have to enter as a tourist and then set about the renewal.

I'd like to know if EMH or Gringoboy had to use the initial zero trick to get the on-line turno.

Does anyone have experience of the registro in Tigre - the one I'll want to use?

Prorrogan hasta el 31 de marzo de 2016 el plazo para renovar el DNI

3/31/16 new deadline to renew DNI

Yes, I used the 0 trick and it worked. When I went for my turno and they saw that I have a DNI de extranjeros they scolded me for doing that!

Actually when I left the country the guy at migraciones told me I should get a nuevo DNI, but that if I didn't it probably would be fine. I definitely didn't get the talk that I HAVE to renew it. I just would prefer to do so and avoid any furture issues.

Yes, I used the 0 trick and it worked. When I went for my turno and they saw that I have a DNI de extranjeros they scolded me for doing that!

Actually when I left the country the guy at migraciones told me I should get a nuevo DNI, but that if I didn't it probably would be fine. I definitely didn't get the talk that I HAVE to renew it. I just would prefer to do so and avoid any furture issues.

The "0 trick" did not work for you because when you showed up (to the wrong office) they sent you away. They scolded you because you entered an incorrect/invalid DNI to reserve a "turno."

A simple google search of "renovar dni extranjero" results in the following page:

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/indexN.php?turno_online

My experience was that of GringoBoy. It can't be any easier. The whole process took about 15 minutes.

Well I finally got my new DNI. A visit to the office for extranjeros in Irigoyen (downtown) in December 2016, where the process was very quick and simple, resulted in the document arriving in September 2017 showing fecha de emisión in June.

The only complication was that I had to pedir the turno on-line even though the office was deserted of 'customers'. Fifteen minutes later I was attended to.

And I'm resident in Provincia Bs As by the way.

All's well that ends well.

You'll have to take a turno downtown, as that is the only place foreigners can do it. I did this about a year and a half ago. In the capital, you can't just go to any register civil. It has to be the one downtown. I'm trying to remember how I got a turno, but I can't. I do remember that there was only one place I could go downtown though.

Has anyone succeeded in doing this?

I have been sent round in circles following advice on the Direccion Nacional de Migraciones website which says that this tramite can be done at any Registro Civil. The only way to start the procedure is to request an appointment on-line with your local registry but when I insert my DNI number a message appears saying that the service is available only to Argentine citizens.

Help!

Back